Stupid def pressure line.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Any body haf luck getting the def pressure line off the pump without breaking it? Ive had to pull 3 now, was able to work around 1 without pulling it, and the other 2 would not release, and I ended up breaking the locking tabs. Seems simple enough, squeeze the tabs and pull, but they never seem to want to release. Anybody got any tricks?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Any body haf luck getting the def pressure line off the pump without breaking it? Ive had to pull 3 now, was able to work around 1 without pulling it, and the other 2 would not release, and I ended up breaking the locking tabs. Seems simple enough, squeeze the tabs and pull, but they never seem to want to release. Anybody got any tricks?

Squeeze the tabs and push it on then pull it off. Thats how i have done it. I think it might help release the tabs. Or i just got lucky?..

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I dunno, its only on the 17+ ive had problems. The 11-16s come off no issue...

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Try blowing compressed air around the release, I’ve found that trucks with 500 miles on them have collected debris on top of the tank, but usually I blow the connector out with air before I attempt to make sure nothing gets caught in the release. They usually come right off easily

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Tried that too. They put a nice foam piece between the line and the pump, to try and keep **** out of it, and that seems to kind have worked. It seems the issue, at least for me, is that when the tabs are pressed, it doesnt release the fingers that lock it to the pump. Doesnt matter if I'm squeezing by hand, with pocket screw drivers, or with round tipped pliers. And there isnt enough room to get a line disconnect in there to try and not use the tabs. Whats really ****ed up is they switched the pump from the top to the bottom of the tank, so you got all the room in the world to work on this ****ing thing.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
No experience with the new ones, but like mentioned, squeeze, push in, twist, pull.

Latest posts

Members online