What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
735132979a3d032434fded2853dca93d.jpg

Finally got my truck back together last night, now I’m chasing a small oil leak.

Did studs, head gaskets, and head the heads rebuilt, and put a new turbo in. I’ve only started it a few times but it takes a long time to start. One key turn, but a solid ten seconds or so before it fires. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
735132979d032434fded2853dca93d.jpg

Finally got my truck back together last night, now I’m chasing a small oil leak.

Did studs, head gaskets, and head the heads rebuilt, and put a new turbo in. I’ve only started it a few times but it takes a long time to start. One key turn, but a solid ten seconds or so before it fires. Any ideas?

Bleed the fuel system. If it continues to do it, you have air getting in somewhere. Could be a cracked pickup tube on the tank plumbing, a bad hfcm or an issue with the upper fuel filter.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Power stop z36 brake kit showed up today. Now just have to find someone around to help me bleed them when I put them on.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Never even heard of speed bleeders. Just looked them up and they’re pretty sweet. I’d definitely forget to pull them out next time I change the caliper though. I might get a vacuum bleeder. Forgot about those too. Then just pump them up with another person one time to make sure they’re good.

79jasper

Reaction score
Never been a fan of the vacuum bleeder. Pressure bleeder would be handy.
Either way, there's 3 options that don't require 2 people.
Personally, I don't think I would be planning to change calipers that often, but even if so, a $10 set of bleeders would be my last worry, if I was. Lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Betarocker

Reaction score
Bought a bunch of tools and parts to rebuild shocks. There is no Fox service location in Canada so I did some quick math and figured in a few cycles I'll break even. Factoring the cost per shock re/re plus parts, and shipping both ways.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Hopefully they don't warp/crack like the rest of the drilled and slotted rotors..... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Their rotors are pretty stout. I've had them on my truck a while, only issues are typical ford caliper/pin seizing/rust.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I put some on my wife's nissan armada because we were using it to tow our travel trailer and pontoon boat. It had the pad and rotors for about 40k no issues and it stopped much better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Connor M

Reaction score
Replaced the thermostats in my truck after work. Getting to the back bolts on the housing sucks but I did only have to pull the upper radiator hose. Unfortunately my dumb ass forgot to drain the system before I pulled that hose and I soaked everything. And of course it was late and we had no antifreeze at the shop. Guess that’s something to track down at 6:00 before I drive back across state.

Connor M

Reaction score
I find myself wanting one of those every day now. I’m filling up pretty much every other day. I just hate the time I spend at fuel stations.

Latest posts

Members online