5th wheel slide creeps in.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have a 2009 inferno 4012. I have started noticing that after i setup when we wake up in the morning the bedroom slide will creep in about 2 inches. The slides and landing gear are hydro. The picutre below is of the release block i am guessing? I have the manual on everything else not the hydro system. Any help?
282c28149db4b0858e5d09a77ff2b167.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
How does the slide work? Pressure forces it out and it's pulled back in by springs when you release pressure?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Hydro in and out. Pump runs when you push in and or out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Any manual valves you can close? If so, run it out and close the valves. 2" sure seems like a lot of movement due to only the pressure bleeding off. Does it do it after running it in?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
From what i can gather the only manual vales are the ones in the pictures with the labels. I think you can turn the knob and it will release pressure and allow you to push the slide in. None of the other slides creep in either. No the slide does not creep open after it is closed.

RWOODY

Reaction score
so there is no lock when they are out..

my Bluebird will do that when the temps change over night sometimes

i dont think u have a problem..heats after driving all day then its cool after a while changes the temps and there u got it

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I ordered a needle valve and gauge to test the valve pictured below. Bad thing is now it is doing it worse. It will creep in about 4 inches a day now.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Any chance it has a slight electrical charge hitting the motor? Try disconnecting the power to the pump overnight and seeing if that stops it.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I will try that tonight we are planning a week long trip in 2 weeks. Trying to get this sorted out.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Yes that is what i have now on the top. The turn knobs are basically mini ball valves on the inside. The seat is leaking so i just put an external one. When i park it and do the slides then i close the valve and the slide no longer creeps in. That block is 350 from the manufacturer my valve cost 9.

Latest posts

Members online