Door strikers = best $100 I've spent on this truck

BigRed97

Reaction score
I don't want to adjust the strikers because my gaps are all perfect. (And my OCD will go into overdrive if they're not)
Was hoping the f150 strikers would make a more secure fit with out messing with the alignment

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't want to adjust the strikers because my gaps are all perfect. (And my OCD will go into overdrive if they're not)
Was hoping the f150 strikers would make a more secure fit with out messing with the alignment
they will definitely make it stop rattling. i just wanted it to close more.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Good here. Helped eliminate some of the door flex while driving. Though requires some adjustment.

Also helped with shutting the door. My doors are extra heavy from sound deadening, the rubber on the striker helps a lot when closing the door.

This would be great on the passenger side for the morons who insist on slamming doors. One of these days Ill buy the other one..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Good here. Helped eliminate some of the door flex while driving. Though requires some adjustment.

Also helped with shutting the door. My doors are extra heavy from sound deadening, the rubber on the striker helps a lot when closing the door.

This would be great on the passenger side for the morons who insist on slamming doors. One of these days Ill buy the other one..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
you have to slam mine.. it is the way i have them set. it seals the cab better. i can feel the pressure in my ears when the last door is closed.

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
you have to slam mine.. it is the way i have them set. it seals the cab better. i can feel the pressure in my ears when the last door is closed.

live life full throttle
your cab vents must have issues then...

Reaction score

live life full throttle

yea, I couldn't live with that. My doors do have a ton of extra weight tho, that may be why I dont have to slam them...

I do know that none of these cabs are exactly the same dimensionally. I've personally had in my possession 5 different Super duties, from 2008-2016, not including my personal truck. I've driven them all at least 6 months each.

Wind noise is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I've adjusted the doors on all 5 trucks. What I've noticed is that the cab and door don't always line up perfectly. If you stick your fingers between the door and the body up by the Pillar you will start to notice what I'm talking about.

Some trucks I could barely get a finger in at the top, meanwhile by the door latch area they had plenty of room to suck in. Other trucks were the exact opposite. Tons of room at the top and no room to suck in by the striker.

last, some trucks had bent door frames. Easy way to tell here was to crack the window down and see if the glass deflected in the door when it reached the top of the window frame.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yea, I couldn't live with that. My doors do have a ton of extra weight tho, that may be why I dont have to slam them...

I do know that none of these cabs are exactly the same dimensionally. I've personally had in my possession 5 different Super duties, from 2008-2016, not including my personal truck. I've driven them all at least 6 months each.

Wind noise is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I've adjusted the doors on all 5 trucks. What I've noticed is that the cab and door don't always line up perfectly. If you stick your fingers between the door and the body up by the Pillar you will start to notice what I'm talking about.

Some trucks I could barely get a finger in at the top, meanwhile by the door latch area they had plenty of room to suck in. Other trucks were the exact opposite. Tons of room at the top and no room to suck in by the striker.

last, some trucks had bent door frames. Easy way to tell here was to crack the window down and see if the glass deflected in the door when it reached the top of the window frame.
i hear ya. my finger fits between door and pillar still.

live life full throttle

Ciras

Reaction score
I give this a meh/10.

No where near the claimed improvement. On the upside, my left rear door now consistently opens from the outside. Previously, the exterior handle did not unlatch the door with every opening.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I give this a meh/10.

No where near the claimed improvement. On the upside, my left rear door now consistently opens from the outside. Previously, the exterior handle did not unlatch the door with every opening.
Did you move the strikers in at all?

live life full throttle

C2tuck

Reaction score
I took my rears out and put the stick ones back in. Mucho better. Too squeaky before. So I got 2 I’ll sell for $40 plus shipping. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganM

Reaction score
My truck is a 2012 with 43k miles and little time off pavement.
The squeaks I hear are from the door hinges and a little silicone spray eliminates them (for a while). They squeaked before changing the strikers though.

Overall, I’m still happy with the strikers and would buy them again.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Mine is perfect now with the new ones in front and stick in back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ciras

Reaction score
Did you move the strikers in at all?

live life full throttle

No, I moved strikers around the cab until I found an arrangement that worked.

I was not about to cut the captured nuts free and widen the bolt holes.

The score is upgraded to a meh.75/10. :poke:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Old thread I know. Was going to buy some for the "new to me" 2015 that has several squeaks, but these puppies have went up DRASTICALLY in price! Over $90 each most places...

Going to check with Sunrise Ford to see if there's a better forum price than what their website has them for ($78/each).

6.7Bison

Reaction score
I know it's only a temporary fix, but I used electrical tape and wrapped it around the striker where the door latches. Has eliminated door rattle for the last few months now. I figure I can do this a few times while trying to wait and see if the strikers come down to a more reasonable price.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Hey brother check out the padded ones from pmf fab. I love them, huge difference.
Those are the same OEM F150 ones that Sunrise sells I believe. I checked on their thread and thy are mid-70's.

I know it's only a temporary fix, but I used electrical tape and wrapped it around the striker where the door latches. Has eliminated door rattle for the last few months now. I figure I can do this a few times while trying to wait and see if the strikers come down to a more reasonable price.
I will try that 1st. I cannot justify $300+ in strikers right now!!!

Latest posts

Members online