Quest for Power

Hullboy

Reaction score
For starters I got a 01 7.3 4R100 about a 150,000. I want to build this thing up, but over time. Starting with the bottom end, end goal would be 1000+ hp or if im satisfied along the way with something leave it there, but for now she needs rebuilt. So I want to build the bottom end now to make it a bit easier to build power later. What parts should I get?

Regardless I want the parts to be able to withstand large amounts of power

mcnance865

Reaction score
girdle
half-filled block
camshaft
ported and polished heads
full stud kit
400/400
compound turbo setup
nitrous
s**t loads of $$$

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
It’s good that you are thinking of the end goal. You will need stronger rods I run Carrillo rods. You will need a girdle and main studs to hold the bottom end. The pistons need to be delipped and coated to resist heat and I recommend getting a valve relief cut into them for a larger cam which I would run. You will need head studs larger pushrods and valve springs and I would go with some large springs such a beehives not Comp 910. Many people suggest filling the block but personally I haven’t had any problems and I make close to 1000. You will need a fully built trans to hold that power as well I would go either twisted diesel or BTS. A turbo and injector combo to compliment each other.

You need to just look through this forum and do some reading there is plenty of material on here for making power and in my personal opinion you will be excited with 650hp especially if your truck is stock now. This will make a lot less headache cause keeping 1000hp together isn’t cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
girdle
half-filled block
camshaft
ported and polished heads
full stud kit
400/400
compound turbo setup
nitrous
s**t loads of $$$

I have pretty well this exact combo I'd consider selling. Compound setup and all.

PM me if you might be interested.

Short Bus

Reaction score
To make 1000 right your going to need a 2nd or 3rd job or a hell of a sugar mama. Id hate to know how much i had wrapped up in built engine, trans, compounds, injectors and fuel system.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
But they spent a lot of time planning and a lot of money to build this truck and it’s something that’s not that easy to do

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Nobody has made a 1000hp on just fuel with a 7.3 yet have they?

But they spent a lot of time planning and a lot of money to build this truck and it’s something that’s not that easy to do

It can be done, I did 941 with a single but for me it is not worth the extra expense to simply prove a point. Pretty much decided to put a 6.7 PSD in Snow White, I can have 1500hp for half the price of a 1000 in a 7.3.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
It can be done, I did 941 with a single but for me it is not worth the extra expense to simply prove a point. Pretty much decided to put a 6.7 PSD in Snow White, I can have 1500hp for half the price of a 1000 in a 7.3.

This is exactly why making 1000 in a 7.3 doesn’t happen often. It costs a lot of money and I agree it’s cheaper to build other trucks

97stoker350

Reaction score
Gotcha. As far as I knew swamps made 923 at the crank and that was at the top of fuel only. I do know how hard it is to explain to someone that hasnt ever driven 600 hp that 600hp will satisfy their needs though lol

Latest posts

Members online