• Full Force Twins (BTS Twins)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Terminators Twins

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

campbellflage

Reaction score
meh.

I don't have any use for a 80% or 100% nozzle tbh...but people will buy what they want

stock nozzle up to 375rwhp
30% up to 450rwhp
200% up to 700rwhp, but can still be tuned as clean as a stock nozzle.

400%'s aren't clean enough to use on the street.

We make 500-550rwhp on a stock HPOP with our 200/200s...so I just don't get the reasoning behind injectors 15-20cc over a stock AD...but let's slap a nozzle that is TWICE as big (ie, 100%) and go make a smoky af 400hp

but yeah, if your intensifier piston stroke is longer than about 6mm, you'd probably benefit from 'big oil' (in your race tune).

but 99% of this big oil chit is poor tuning. Or the wrong injector. Or you're legit making more than 600rwhp.

the ONLY time you should see a benefit when doing a big hpoil pump is in your race tune...with your foot buried through the carpet. ie, the only time your injector should be at full stroke.
So i should skip my gen3 install with the 300/200s?

ja_cain

Reaction score
Dumb pw numbers are just so inefficient when trying to make some power. Get in and get out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
As always, thanks for all that you contribute on here Dave. I know where I'm going when I finally get around to doing injectors. Just need to get Charles latest file and then I should be set for those 200/200's. Lol!

72ford250

Reaction score
I have a 17° HPOP in my '96 and I could hold 3k psi all day with 180/100%, so I am not sure why you are having issues with 160/80%. Incorrect tuning will drop psi, maybe look into that before a larger HPOP for something as small as 160/80%.
Jim can the internal o-rings leak in an injector and cause low icp but still run grea? Truck just runs great and icp is ok when you easy into it. But is a smoky pig horrible icp if you just floor it from a lower rpm say at 1800 rpm till about 2500 then icp starts to catch back up. And power is clean.

Truck has been had multiple tunes from different tuners. Current tunes are Matt’s (Gear.head) and they run the best and least amount of smoke but icp is still horrible if floored. There is no hpop leaks and I threw new external o-rings on last fall and no help to the icp.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Jim can the internal o-rings leak in an injector and cause low icp but still run grea? Truck just runs great and icp is ok when you easy into it. But is a smoky pig horrible icp if you just floor it from a lower rpm say at 1800 rpm till about 2500 then icp starts to catch back up. And power is clean.

Truck has been had multiple tunes from different tuners. Current tunes are Matt’s (Gear.head) and they run the best and least amount of smoke but icp is still horrible if floored. There is no hpop leaks and I threw new external o-rings on last fall and no help to the icp.

I'm pretty sure my oil side orings are failing as my truck will not hold commanded ICP in the hotter tunes under load. The last two times I changed the fuel filter it was black too. I suspect this is because the oil is contaminating the fuel side and any excess fuel is returned back to the filter with the oil. How does your fuel filter look?

DieselJpower

Reaction score
1997 ford F-250 7.3 zf5 speed 4X4
Rosewoods Stage II. Honey Badger Jr,
BDP shop D66 turbo,Cxr Racing intercooler,6637 air filter
Gear.head Tunes, 3in dp to 5in straight
KTP (me) custom E-fuel system
6,000 ft elevation daily

If thats still on there it might be part of, if not all of your problem.

ja_cain

Reaction score
6,000 ft elevation daily

Lol!

72ford250

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my oil side orings are failing as my truck will not hold commanded ICP in the hotter tunes under load. The last two times I changed the fuel filter it was black too. I suspect this is because the oil is contaminating the fuel side and any excess fuel is returned back to the filter with the oil. How does your fuel filter look?

Filter is clean when I cut the filter open(e-fuel) and that deffently sounds like your external o-rings on the injectors are leaking. I did replace mine last fall.

72ford250

Reaction score
6,000 ft elevation daily

I know that pump is sub par in my eyes and was the worst 700 I spent. I just keep trying to tell myself I didn’t get a ****ty pump. I battled with them with the first one they sent me and icp was low so they sent out a secound one and it produced the same icp.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I know that pump is sub par in my eyes and was the worst 700 I spent. I just keep trying to tell myself I didn’t get a ****ty pump. I battled with them with the first one they sent me and icp was low so they sent out a secound one and it produced the same icp.

I know exactly how you feel. Theres a guy I know with a brand new oem 17 degree for $450 shipped no core if you're interested. If I was keeping my truck, it would have been already installed on it.

And Gen3 FTW.

Only 1 ipr, simple, proven and beast mode.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Filter is clean when I cut the filter open(e-fuel) and that deffently sounds like your external o-rings on the injectors are leaking. I did replace mine last fall.
Good info. Have you pulled the VC to see if you have any top oring leaks?

Latest posts

Members online