Early HPOP cover failure?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I remember seeing tech articles years back on failed D ring seals on the discharge pipe off the HPOP into the cover. I installed a high volume pump 2 months ago and today I pulled the cover off to find that seal eroded in half. I looked in the cover and felt around, even installed a loose discharge pipe and it fits tight, seals great from what I could see...

I did however see a little chamfer of metal that was rather sharp in the galley that leads to the IPR. I shoved the discharge pipe in all the way(deeper than it goes when installed in truck) and the seal came back with a rip in it...

I have a used cover Im going to put in, but would like to know if anyone has had similar experience.

webb06

Reaction score
I remember seeing tech articles years back on failed D ring seals on the discharge pipe off the HPOP into the cover. I installed a high volume pump 2 months ago and today I pulled the cover off to find that seal eroded in half. I looked in the cover and felt around, even installed a loose discharge pipe and it fits tight, seals great from what I could see...

I did however see a little chamfer of metal that was rather sharp in the galley that leads to the IPR. I shoved the discharge pipe in all the way(deeper than it goes when installed in truck) and the seal came back with a rip in it...

I have a used cover Im going to put in, but would like to know if anyone has had similar experience.

Had something similar, put an hpop in a truck and replaced o ring on j tube. Couple months later truck comes back with no hot start. Found that o ring on the j tube deteriorated like you describe. Didn't see anything abnormal with the cover so I replaced the o ring and reused the cover. Figured I somewhere cut the oring on the first install. Warrantied the work and sent it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea.... I cant leave it up to just being a install fluke. Not saying Im perfect, but theres no way I can put this thing back together and feel good about just changing the o ring. Im changing the 'J" tube and the cover.

I know these D seals need to rest at least an hour after you put them on. And as always, it got assembly lube.

Latest posts

Members online