New Steering Components

Ciras

Reaction score
Spicer.
Spicer
Spicer.

Denny's 4x4 has the kits for 99-04 at a good price.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I believe the Dodge boys love xrf. They were supposed to be far superior to their oem. A friend of mine with a. Dodge has had good luck with his xrf ball joints. I haven't tried them yet on a Ford. I still buy oem joints for my ford.
Lol Moog has treated my dodge just fine, except trac-bars. Went with a rebuildable for that.... I was going through Moog's every 3-6 months (it's on 37s with a long arm 6" lift).
Anything is superior to dodge oem.😃

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Truth.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Xrf makes balljoints. Moog makes crap ones and charges premium price. I picked up 4 moogs at oreillys and with my discount it was 310 bucks. I got sets of xrf for 135 bucks.

The ford ones are schit as far as I know. I don't think they make good parts anymore.

ju015dd

Reaction score
Put in xrf ball joints back in 2010. They are still holding up as new and the price was in the 150 range if I remember correctly

Jomax

Reaction score
For ball joints - Spicers

For steering OEM Ford (not Motorcraft) if you can still get 'em. There is a difference between Motorcraft and Ford on certain parts.

Billy T.
[email protected]

You must say ford genuine like 100 times at the sales guy at ford. If you see him bring a box that's red and says motor craft. They're not the ones.

Easiest way to know if they are the genuine Ford BAll joints is, they Are a sealed unit vs the motor craft have grease zerks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
My truck has 342k on it. 42k ago I rebuilt the entire front end steering. I've worked part-time for several different parts houses over the years and have seen the decline of Moog. What I did is went for an underdog that hasn't had a lot of feedback, MevoTech. My reasoning is I'm a mechanic and a parts counter guy and if they turned out to be junk I'd simply replace em. Well, 42k later I have 0 slop in the steering system, I run 287/75R16s and drive a 60/40 of highway/city with the occasional towing of some jeeps.

To each their own, this is just my feedback on another option.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mevo is just an offshore chinese supplier. I can understand your thought process. I like to buy a good part and dont mind paying but over 300 bucks for 4 moog balljoints? Come on. The xrf from undercar chassis were 290 for TWO sets.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
Looks like the spicer 2020314 kit is a good deal. I put the xrf's in , in April of '15 and about 40k later my driver side is hurtin for certain. Most folks know their u joints are the way to go, and I'm thinking the ball joints are worth a shot. Xrf's "million mile warranty" sounds great, but if you have to use it every 40k then I think I'll give spicer a try. Or go big and get them dynatracs.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Looks like the spicer 2020314 kit is a good deal. I put the xrf's in , in April of '15 and about 40k later my driver side is hurtin for certain. Most folks know their u joints are the way to go, and I'm thinking the ball joints are worth a shot. Xrf's "million mile warranty" sounds great, but if you have to use it every 40k then I think I'll give spicer a try. Or go big and get them dynatracs.

I got no bad input on xrf before i ordered them back in october. I hope you're wrong lol.

79jasper

Reaction score
Previously I haven't heard anything bad about the xrf.
I went with oem dana/Spicer for ball joints. I would try the xrf if I have to do them again.
For steering, I'll most likely do the Carrick customs kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
My old 7.3 had XRFs when I sold it. They now have about 50k miles. Still perfect. That truck also saw a TON of off-roading and was on 35s then 37s and now 35s again.

Zmann

Reaction score
First I heard of Ford parts not being the same as Motorcraft
http://www.fordparts.com/Landing/OurBrands.aspx

i went with Moog for tie rods since they are easy to replace ( still sitting on the workbench and quality looks good )
spicer is going in the knuckle ball joint locations since they are a pain

you guys buying Amazon parts what are you doing if you need warranty ?
Amazon sold and Shipped by is going to leave you without any return option after a short period

with Motorcraft when I buy from Sunrise ford I can carry the part in to any Ford dealer for warranty

Jomax

Reaction score
First I heard of Ford parts not being the same as Motorcraft
http://www.fordparts.com/Landing/OurBrands.aspx

i went with Moog for tie rods since they are easy to replace ( still sitting on the workbench and quality looks good )
spicer is going in the knuckle ball joint locations since they are a pain

you guys buying Amazon parts what are you doing if you need warranty ?
Amazon sold and Shipped by is going to leave you without any return option after a short period

with Motorcraft when I buy from Sunrise ford I can carry the part in to any Ford dealer for warranty

Yup they sell Genuine Ford and Motorcraft.

They even have ford genuine brake pads vs motorcraft pads. And even rotors can be genuine ford or motorcraft.

liquidlounge

Reaction score
If you never want to do the job again, then Dynatracs. Its the only US made ball-joint for our trucks and has a unique design that's held up great for guys with over-sized wheels and tires.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Spicer.
Spicer
Spicer.

Denny's 4x4 has the kits for 99-04 at a good price.

Do you have a website? I found Denny's Driveshaft, but don't see any steering kits. I guess I just need to call them if that's the place.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I got impatient and went ahead and ordered all XRF steering components for ~$325 (no ball joints). Hopefully they hold up ok. Will take lots of pictures compared to the stuff it will be replacing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.