PCM Flash

Dirtclod

Reaction score
The company called today where I bought this transmission and he said since fluid is leaking out on the connector that the solenoid bank needed replacing. It's running like normal now just no cruise control or gloplugs. My OD on/off went out this passed summer but I was able to find that problem. One of the wires was broken through the shifter. Even though it looked ok it was broken. I used a jumper and took it for a ride and it worked. Hopefully in the next few days I can find the problem. Also I have a bent rear wheel and a broken leaf spring. I knew it wouldn't be lon. Maybe now I'll get my viair air compressor hooked up and the bags.found a set of 20's chrome was the new Toyo's a/t open country all for 1200$.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well I'm headed home for Christmas and and this ole 7three purring like kitten. Just ease my own mind I really would like to have this pcm looked at by a tech. I would like to thank everyone here on PSA for their help and dedication to this site and to all the other sites. 3 years ago I didn't know squat about these trucks I have no intention on being a mechanic and my hats off to them cause it's a pita! But a little knowledge can save $ or cost more $ sometimes, but in the end either way you feel a little bit smarter. Happy Holidays Everyone!

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well my transmission is still acting up. I got my OD light working and it flashes when it messes up. Now when I first start it and put it into drive it starts blinking. Stop turn off engine restart and it does fine. Seems like if I push it to @ 2700 rpms it stutters and then OD light blinks. When it first started I thought it wasn't going into OD. But since the button works now I can go to drive. Service engine light never comes on and can't get cruise to work. The solenoid pack will be in any day. Hopefully it will be fixed but I'm having my doubts.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I installed the solenoid pack today. Took it my friend who is a Ford mechanic and specializes in diesels. He ran a diagnostic and it's throwing ebb sensor code,idm code, and epc solenoid code. His computer said there were updates available so he installed them. I took it for a test run and when I get down it hard at 2800 rpms it cut out and OD flashed for a min then went off and drove back to normal. I parked at a store with engine running and bought a bottle for f propane. Went down the interstate got on it again. This time the engine just started fluttering but OD light didn't flash and transmission changed normal. Truck runs great other than that. Could the ebpt stopped up or sensor cause this issue? Tomorrow I'll try blowing it out and see if there is change. If so I'll replace the sensor. Still wonder why the idm would throw a code? Anyone ever have this type issue?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
The ebp sensor definitely has an effect on my issue with epc solenoid. If I unplug it it almost instantly chsnges with very little power. Bar pressure and map pressure was 14 and ebp is off considerably.

kansas 7.3

Reaction score
When my idm went bad it would lose power over 2500 rpm. I also had intermittent issues with the OD light flashing with loss of cruise control. Replacing the speed sensor on rear axle fixed the problem. Hope this helps.
James

Latest posts

Members online