2011 low oil pressure

joeg500

Reaction score
I bought the truck as a wrecked project that didn't start. It's turns over good but the oil pressure is only about 5#. Will a bad hpop cause a no start or could it be clogged somewhere? I'm fairly new to 6.7s since I've only had 7.3s. Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

joeg500

Reaction score
The faults are hard to say since I still need to replace some sensors, there were a bunch before when I read it. This whole situation is jacked up. I'm in Florida right now and I've had a shop doing the repairs but my old man has been trying to do more than what's needed so he sent a guy over to get it running and all I know is it had 5# of oil pressure. I haven't been able to get my hands on it hardly at all for another 2 weeks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sorry I could have sworn you said roll over, reading back now it doesn't lol. Is it full of oiL? I have yet to see an oil pump issue. You may pull the lower pan off too and make sure the pick up screen don't have a bunch of chit in it. If it still has the plastic pan, when the drain plugs leak they piss, so it would probably be a good idea to change the pan to the metal pan while its off.

pdumont01

Reaction score
I bet the car broke the oil filter ruined it so they slapped a new filter on and now that's what you have. I had my buddy's truck he bought from an accident I have a thread on it with pics of what happened to the engine. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

joeg500

Reaction score
well the whole shortblock was junk! pulled the motor and then the pan and half of a bearing was just hanging out in about an inch of sludge

Latest posts

Members online