2014 6.7 Transmission Issue

50_shooter

Reaction score
www.midwestdieselauto.com check out the 6r140 trans section. Same basic things as any built trans, heaver clutches and steels, more clutches in packs. We use a new billet drum, and a few other parts that are modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any of them in stock, or do you have to have the core to build off of?

colecoop56

Reaction score
Someone told me that the sqaull between the 4 and 5 shift is normal and that every one of these trucks do it? Mine has done it since like 4000 miles on the truck. I have 45k now. Every time I floor the truck the transmission makes that sound at that shift. Am I wrong and looking at a new tranny in the future haha?

Reaction score
Every one that squalls that I've pulled apart has literally no friction material left on the clutch plates. The squalling your hearing is slipping. Most likely metal to metal clutch plate engagement. There are some clutches in the 6r in factory form that are junk. Unlike some other trans it seems the 6r will still keep trudging on even with a burned clutch pack. Which is impressive. But still doesn't change the fact that it's hurt.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Every one that squalls that I've pulled apart has literally no friction material left on the clutch plates. The squalling your hearing is slipping. Most likely metal to metal clutch plate engagement. There are some clutches in the 6r in factory form that are junk. Unlike some other trans it seems the 6r will still keep trudging on even with a burned clutch pack. Which is impressive. But still doesn't change the fact that it's hurt.

Yeah.. mine is getting louder, and more frequent. See you in the next couple weeks sugar, Hooter's is on you this time :p

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Just found this thread while searching. Good information, thanks.

At full throttle, I get a small squeak from 5th to 6th gear. I don't beat on the truck much so I just won't floor it around those gears.

Have one other issue but don't want to derail the thread. I may start a new one if I don't find the information that I need.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
For the guys building the 6R's have any of you came across a problem with the case "mushroomed" to the point where you cannot remove the centre support? I have had 2 now, both have been behind 6.2 gas engines that were run out of fluid (cooler line rusted through and a pan rusted through, both snow plow trucks).