Can't figure out what lift is on the front of my truck..

Varro

Reaction score
I bought my F250 2 years ago, completely overhauled the whole truck, all new black interior, reverse camera, double din screen, gauges, tint, I rebuilt the trans, replaced every sensor on the engine, new AC system, entire new cooling system, 6.0 oil cooler upgrade, 2015 mirrors, roof lights, 2004 head lights led, welded a schudle 80 driling pipe to front of frame behind pumper as a front hitch for 15k winch. 5 position chip, wicked wheel 2, the mods go on forever anyways...

I bought a 10 inch all leaf lift, and I am buying 40's. I want to sell the old lift that is currently on my truck. The leaf springs hangers, shackles all look stock, the rear has a 3 inch block and a 1 inch block stacked.. (train wreck I know). The front looks stock yet, Like I said the front hanger is stock for sure, the rear shackle looks stock.. The track bar seems be on a gray bracket that drops it.. The front leaf has 4 leaves and a short 5th one at the bottom, is that stock? It can't be.

pic of hanger front http://imgur.com/a/yxISw
pic of front shackle http://imgur.com/a/rapTQ
pic of front leaf 1 http://imgur.com/a/jmUR7
pic of front leaft 2 http://imgur.com/a/1ZNMH
pic of front track back http://imgur.com/a/Fu9O0

Last edited:

Varro

Reaction score
Seriously? No one can tell me if that's a stock front leaf spring?

Jomax

Reaction score
Front seems like a 3in lift. They are not stock leaf springs. Stock front leave springs are a two leaf setup.

The rear of it has a total of 4in of block will make the truck level with a 2.5-3in front lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Here's a question for you to try to help figure this out. How was the PO with the truck? Did they fix things as cheaply as possible or did they put some time and actually care about what parts they put into it?

Jomax

Reaction score
Here's a question for you to try to help figure this out. How was the PO with the truck? Did they fix things as cheaply as possible or did they put some time and actually care about what parts they put into it?

Berman, your post honestly doesn't make sense.. he's asking if the lift kit in his truck now is stock. He listed parts he installed in his post above. Not what the PO installed.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Berman, your post honestly doesn't make sense.. he's asking if the lift kit in his truck now is stock. He listed parts he installed in his post above. Not what the PO installed.

I understand. He wants to sell the lift that's on the truck now which is probably why he wants to figure out what the lift is. I figured he meant brand of lift as well.

Varro

Reaction score

I bought it from a diesel truck lot who bought it at an auction. No history.

Varro

Reaction score

I didnt install any of that suspension, the truck was 4" inches lifted when I bought it. When I install the new 10" lift, I want to sell the old suspension, it looks like the rear springs are stock with a total of 4" of blocks. Its the front end that I am un clear about, I wanted to make sure those front springs are not stock, I couldnt tell, I thought maybe the shackles were bigger. But I have my answer now, the front springs are not stock and raise the truck 3"? Anyways, ill sell all the suspension for $300 or something cheap.

Varro

Reaction score
Front seems like a 3in lift. They are not stock leaf springs. Stock front leave springs are a two leaf setup.

The rear of it has a total of 4in of block will make the truck level with a 2.5-3in front lift.

Thanks! Btw its not level I measured, at the top center of both wheel wells, the front is like 1.2" shorter than the rear. Why not put in a 4" spring up front?? Who knows what they were thinking.

Last edited:

Varro

Reaction score
I understand. He wants to sell the lift that's on the truck now which is probably why he wants to figure out what the lift is. I figured he meant brand of lift as well.

Dont care what brand it is, just want to make sure I know what im selling, size wise in the front end. Which should be 3" front springs. From an earlier post. I couldnt find any markings or stamps on the leafs to identify brand, shocks are kyb and blown.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online