Build: Project Pointless..

dirk0

Reaction score
Well, one last run. I'm putting some of the parts back on the truck to run with Randall for a last race. Truck has been nothing more than a ranch truck for the last 3 years. No tunes, 4202r, BI injectors and big oil. Perfect and dependable.

Parts are starting to roll in and some progress has been made. But... it has been raining for the last 3 days. I have the top end tore down and pieces sent out for some mods (pics of that later). Here as it normally sits and now empty (and washed.. hooray rain!), and a few of the pieces that have arrived and stuff going back in. I was able to do a few adjustments on the CalTracs before the rain started up again. Hopefully I can get the front axle dropped tomorrow for some suspension work while I wait on more parts..

photo2_zps8040d2f9.jpg

14_zps66067fa2.jpg

19_zps423751be.jpg

12_zpsfc54ec66.jpg

These will be unwrapped later..

7_zpsb0bd578c.jpg

These will be unwrapped later as well.

3_zps59579ec6.jpg

And I HOPE to resolve an odd coolant leak at the turbo. Maybe one of the crush washers. I dunno.

13_zps1635fd9e.jpg

dirk0

Reaction score
should have done, then maybe you could beat tighty whitey.

Ill leave the drama out of your build thread.

I thought you were going to come over and cuddle? I mean help pull the front leafs\axle....

dirk0

Reaction score
More parts going back on...

Water\Meth

image1_zps5719d628.jpg

Bit of Nitrous..

photo2_zps05da4832.jpg

More parts should be delivered later today.

Wayne

Reaction score
Looks to me like the point is to have some fun. As long as you accomplish that, I'd say you win. Somebody else will be faster, better, lighter, or whatever, unless you have an unlimited budget, and even then, it's tough to say. I guess my point is that if you do it to have fun, it's a winning situation. Good luck with it. Sleepers are always cool.

dirk0

Reaction score
Looks to me like the point is to have some fun. As long as you accomplish that, I'd say you win. Somebody else will be faster, better, lighter, or whatever, unless you have an unlimited budget, and even then, it's tough to say. I guess my point is that if you do it to have fun, it's a winning situation. Good luck with it. Sleepers are always cool.

I've decided to go in a bit of a different direction. I've used up a bit more of my GT500 savings to make sure I give the dodge a good run (but I'm pretty sure he will win). I'm pretty sure I can beat Randall's 6.7 build. And that is a good feeling :)

At least until the block decides to shed some weight.......

Latest posts

Members online