7.3 Factory Camshaft Specs....

Straubtech

Reaction score
This is off my cam doctor from a customer supplied camshaft core from Ford.

Lobe lift .253 Intake/.253 Exhaust
Duration .004" 237/234
Duration .050 177/185
Duration .200 85/89
Centerlines 103.5/104.5
LSA 104

Factory Ford 7.3L Cam Specs. Take lobe lift and multiply by 1.6 for valve lift.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
So what's your thoughts and opinion on this? How much room for improvement? I followed the thread in the 6.0 section, was hoping you would get involved in a 7.3 cam.

Straubtech

Reaction score
So what's your thoughts and opinion on this? How much room for improvement? I followed the thread in the 6.0 section, was hoping you would get involved in a 7.3 cam.

I'm working with Swamps on a 7.3 Program. No way to grind factory cam to needed valve events. One would be to deep into the base circle and would require re heat treating and straightening. At this point a new core is cheaper to do. I have 20 test cam cores being made. Swamps has supplied us with a set of 7.3L castings also so we will develop a CNC porting package for the heads along with a cam profile for stock heads and CNC ported heads.

Based on previous experience I know a camshaft change will net good results with this platform.

Straubtech

Reaction score
Interested in this. I have a motor going together that needs a cam and a high flowing set of heads.

If the rpm for someone is going to stay under 4000 with the 7.3 platform the head will not need anymore valve area based on MCSA and throat percentage. If one is after a certain rpm peak above 4000 then it will require a larger intake valve.

The exhaust port from the factory has great potential. The swirl design in the intake side also gives this head great potential. We hope to have some of this stuff done by late Feb.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Above 4k, if its able to make good power there, is what I want.

Motor is for a drag truck. I am a ways away from being track ready though so I am sure someone will be testing this long before I get my motor assembled.

Latest posts

Members online