P008A after fuel filter swap.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Replaced with Motorcraft filters and new o-ring and had P008A afterward...filter housing was seeping some fuel. Removed frame mount filter to reset and check the o-ring...all looked well but still seeping fuel after driving and still have the code. Removed again and replaced the o-ring today with a new one and still have the code. Doesn't appear to be seeping fuel any more. Top filter is tight and dry, water separator drain knob is tight. Truck runs fine, no loss of power. AirDog feeding OEM pump shows a steady 10psi.
Any thoughts? I'm stumped at this point. If I clear the code while driving it immediately comes back. No. CEL, just a stored code.

Jomax

Reaction score
Did you let it prime after the swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
why do you have an air dog setup? what is the reason? I didn't think the 6.7s needed a lift pump to feed the lift pump?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
why do you have an air dog setup? what is the reason? I didn't think the 6.7s needed a lift pump to feed the lift pump?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

I like the extra filtration.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
OK...went through the whole process again. O-ring looks great, lubed up and reinstalled. Went through the whole priming process, again, even though it shouldn't need of with the AirDog feeding it. You can feel the pump working and no odd noises. Truck fires right up without missing a beat. Still have the damned code.
I'm stumped at this point.

Jomax

Reaction score
OK...went through the whole process again. O-ring looks great, lubed up and reinstalled. Went through the whole priming process, again, even though it shouldn't need of with the AirDog feeding it. You can feel the pump working and no odd noises. Truck fires right up without missing a beat. Still have the damned code.
I'm stumped at this point.

Have you tried loading another tune?

JRLott

Reaction score
Or a hammer. Sometimes you gotta put some fear into electronics. You should probably save the BFH for a last resort though.

Other than that, Merry Christmas, and I'll be keeping an eye on this for the rectification. I might need it one time after I do mine.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Someone elsewhere mentioned he's seen some codes that an Edge monitor just won't clear.
Gonna slap an IDS on it Monday and see if that's the case. We can also take a look at comanded vs actual pressure and see if the pump is healthy.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I have seen the odd lift pump fail on these but not very common. Weird that you only have the code after the filter change though. Also had one where someone added a fass filtration system ahead of the factory lift pump. It failed and then took out the factory lift pump as well.

Does it say low fuel presure on the cluster?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Nothing on the dash and the AirDog holds a steady 10psi. If it weren't for seeing he code on the CS2 I'd have no idea anything was happening.

T_W6.7

Reaction score
I've had that code pop a few random times after I installed a FASS system, only threw the check engine light a couple times when first installed, then disappeared and checked a couple times with the mini and it comes up occasionally as a ghost code.I don't have the factory lift pump anymore though and was told by FASS it could be an issue. Checked with a manual gauge and it always seems fine. If your factory one is bad I have a unit with about 15000 miles on it. Not worth much to me, hope you figure it all out.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I have seen the odd lift pump fail on these but not very common. Weird that you only have the code after the filter change though. Also had one where someone added a fass filtration system ahead of the factory lift pump. It failed and then took out the factory lift pump as well.

Does it say low fuel presure on the cluster?

I had the stock pump go out on my 13. Took three trips to the dealer to figure it out. Truck shut off one day with no codes. Next time was a low fuel pressure code and another, they replaced an injector. Third time they kept it longer before finally figuring out the pump went out.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So it looks like this is a case of the Edge CS2 simply not being able to clear this code on a Spar tan tuned truck. There are no "real" codes stored. I'm calling it good and not gonna worry about it anymore.

Jomax

Reaction score
So it looks like this is a case of the Edge CS2 simply not being able to clear this code on a Spar tan tuned truck. There are no "real" codes stored. I'm calling it good and not gonna worry about it anymore.

You were able to clear it with IDS?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I had the stock pump go out on my 13. Took three trips to the dealer to figure it out. Truck shut off one day with no codes. Next time was a low fuel pressure code and another, they replaced an injector. Third time they kept it longer before finally figuring out the pump went out.
Had the same problem with the first one I saw fail, truck shut off idling in the winter. Truck previously had the injectors and hp pump replaced due to a local fuel station having tanks full of water. Every time I checked it out it was fine until finally it set a low rail pressure code. Lift pump was starting to get noises, sounded like air. Replaced it and hasn't had a problem since. They are good pumps but they don't seem to be a tough as the 6.0 and 6.4 pumps when it comes to contamination.

Nothing on the dash and the AirDog holds a steady 10psi. If it weren't for seeing he code on the CS2 I'd have no idea anything was happening.
Well since it happened just after a filter change and you aren't experiencing any loss of power or the message on the dash, probably just something to do with the edge.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
There's nothing there to clear according to the NGauge. I didn't even think about plugging it in until Kevin at PSE mentioned it today. He said Spar tan changes a few things that makes code reading with other devices weird sometimes. I honestly never even considered that.
I had a feeling it was an electronic glitch since the truck runs fine and I never got a dash warning or limp mode. Looks like that's all it was.

04cr450

Reaction score
i know i am derailing here but a quick question. My rig is brand new so fuel filters have never been changed... had the truck on the lift today and was detailing the under carriage of it and noticed on the lower fuel filter housing a steel bar directly under the filter housing making it impossible to "screw" off without cutting this bracket off? it is bolted on one end but riveted on the other end that attaches to the fuel pump steel housing.

Latest posts

Members online