New Steering Components

ja_cain

Reaction score
I am about to replace all of my tie rods and adjustment sleeves (if needed). Was originally thinking about going with Moog, but after reading some threads I'm thinking about spending the extra money and going with XRF. Looking for some opinions here. I found one place that sells the whole kit for $315 (shipping not included). All of the parts from Moog come out to $280 (free shipping). Any vendors out there that would like to hook me up, I would greatly appreciate it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am about to replace all of my tie rods and adjustment sleeves (if needed). Was originally thinking about going with Moog, but after reading some threads I'm thinking about spending the extra money and going with XRF. Looking for some opinions here. I found one place that sells the whole kit for $315 (shipping not included). All of the parts from Moog come out to $280 (free shipping). Any vendors out there that would like to hook me up, I would greatly appreciate it.
moog isn't what it used to be and basically xrf is taking over the top spot so far.. except for oem parts.. but that is a bit more coin..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I believe the Dodge boys love xrf. They were supposed to be far superior to their oem. A friend of mine with a. Dodge has had good luck with his xrf ball joints. I haven't tried them yet on a Ford. I still buy oem joints for my ford.

rusty1161

Reaction score

My XRF steering parts only lasted 40,000 miles with regular maintenance. I went with Moog to replace them. Very happy so far with 5,000 miles. I will keep an eye on them.

Rusty

ja_cain

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got some amazon gift cards this Christmas, so I might just take a chance on the moog stuff since they sell everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

greyford1979

Reaction score
I did moog ball joints and tire rods a couple years ago, they lasted me less than a year with regular greasing. Let's just say I didn't go back to the moogs LOL.

heavydoc

Reaction score
I believe the Dodge boys love xrf. They were supposed to be far superior to their oem. A friend of mine with a. Dodge has had good luck with his xrf ball joints. I haven't tried them yet on a Ford. I still buy oem joints for my ford.
Anything is superior to dodge oem.😃

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
My XRF steering parts only lasted 40,000 miles with regular maintenance. I went with Moog to replace them. Very happy so far with 5,000 miles. I will keep an eye on them.

Rusty

I did moog ball joints and tire rods a couple years ago, they lasted me less than a year with regular greasing. Let's just say I didn't go back to the moogs LOL.
What size tires are you guys running?

m j

Reaction score
Moog turned in to off shore junk years ago, for a while I was using Spicer gold but I am not a sure they are still available

ja_cain

Reaction score
285/75/16's

Rusty
Wow! Not even running big tires. I'm going to price out oem's too and see where I come out. My buddy can supposedly get them at a discount, but not sure what that means. Btw, thanks for the info!

fastersteve

Reaction score
I put Motorcraft ball joints this last time.

Less than 10k miles and one of them is already sloppy. I'm REALLY tired of doing ball joints on this truck!

Anyone have experience with the XRFs? I'd pay $100 ea for some that would last 100k miles.

psduser1

Reaction score
I put Motorcraft ball joints this last time.

Less than 10k miles and one of them is already sloppy. I'm REALLY tired of doing ball joints on this truck!

Anyone have experience with the XRFs? I'd pay $100 ea for some that would last 100k miles.

I've got three sets in my trucks, but nowhere near 100k, lol.
Between 10-20k, all seem to be doing well.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Got my truck at 87k miles, now at ~155, 1 bearing changed, but I haven't changed a ball joint/tie rod/link yet. (Did add a dual stabilizer and new adj. track bar, however.) Most miles on 35s, plowing, towing, and generally beating the crap out of it.

IMO, I'll keep it OEM, they seem to last the longest.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
a lot of it that has to do with lasting is using the proper torque specs per the manufacturer.. ford's are way different then moog..

live life full throttle

fastersteve

Reaction score
Yep, followed specific instructions everytime. Not my first rodeo by any means.

If it was me, more than just 1 would be sloppy.

ja_cain

Reaction score
a lot of it that has to do with lasting is using the proper torque specs per the manufacturer.. ford's are way different then moog..

live life full throttle

I always torque things to spec. I'm anal/ocd like that.

I'm so torn on what to do. I'm going to price out the oem stuff and then make a decision based on how much more expensive they are to the moog stuff.

Thanks again for all of you guys sharing your opinions/experiences.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Looks like amazon has all of the Motorcraft parts with prime shipping. I'm going to peice everything together and see what it come out to on price.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.