1747 code,ebp sensor code help

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Okay I'm transferring this topic from anyone ther thread and hopefully someone can at very least make some sense. All this happened after I plugged in an edge Evo tuner into my truck that was programmed for a manual transmission. Edge sent a Programmer to put my info back on my pcm and everything was fine. It ran normal for a couple weeks no problems. Then all of a sudden I'm getting this 1747 code (epc electric pressure control solenoid in the tranny) I checked the plug at tranny and there was fluid in it. I installed new solenoid pack since the oring was leaking. I have voltage at pin 1&12 on the plug. No short on the wh/y wire pin 11 at plug. Still had same issue. First thing in the morning I pull out in the road as soon as I give it throttle OD light flashes and shifting changes with less power. After I installed the solenoid pack I drove it to the dealership about a mile down the road and I had diagnostic run. Now I'm getting ebp sensor code. Reading 45 psi map14 bar 14. Cleared codes and upgraded computer. Yesterday I took ebp tube off it was clear but the sensor was clogged up and coupling. Cleaned the coupling and installed a new sensor from ford. Then it was worse. Now when OD light flashes there is almost no power. Before this I could drive anywhere as long rpm didn't get above @2800 and it did fine. Now not enough power to drive anywhere. My pedestal is d******. I found the wires to the pedestal shorted together. I cut the connector separated the wires and capped both off. No damage to see. 5 volts koeo at ebp connector. Plugged in after disconnected the grounds at batteries and I thought it was fixed. But after a couple miles it started again. I also noticed it used bout 1/4 tank of fuel tank n just a few miles of driving. No leaks and no smoke. But I can smell strong fuel smell while idling. 3 mechanics say it's transmission but transmission tech says it's wiring or pcm. What do any of you guys think?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Okay I'm transferring this topic from anyone ther thread and hopefully someone can at very least make some sense. All this happened after I plugged in an edge Evo tuner into my truck that was programmed for a manual transmission. Edge sent a Programmer to put my info back on my pcm and everything was fine. It ran normal for a couple weeks no problems. Then all of a sudden I'm getting this 1747 code (epc electric pressure control solenoid in the tranny) I checked the plug at tranny and there was fluid in it. I installed new solenoid pack since the oring was leaking. I have voltage at pin 1&12 on the plug. No short on the wh/y wire pin 11 at plug. Still had same issue. First thing in the morning I pull out in the road as soon as I give it throttle OD light flashes and shifting changes with less power. After I installed the solenoid pack I drove it to the dealership about a mile down the road and I had diagnostic run. Now I'm getting ebp sensor code. Reading 45 psi map14 bar 14. Cleared codes and upgraded computer. Yesterday I took ebp tube off it was clear but the sensor was clogged up and coupling. Cleaned the coupling and installed a new sensor from ford. Then it was worse. Now when OD light flashes there is almost no power. Before this I could drive anywhere as long rpm didn't get above @2800 and it did fine. Now not enough power to drive anywhere. My pedestal is d******. I found the wires to the pedestal shorted together. I cut the connector separated the wires and capped both off. No damage to see. 5 volts koeo at ebp connector. Plugged in after disconnected the grounds at batteries and I thought it was fixed. But after a couple miles it started again. I also noticed it used bout 1/4 tank of fuel tank n just a few miles of driving. No leaks and no smoke. But I can smell strong fuel smell while idling. 3 mechanics say it's transmission but transmission tech says it's wiring or pcm. What do any of you guys think?
any transmission questions for a 4r need directed to mark kovalski

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
sorry, that is mark kovalsky with a y not a i.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Arisley

Reaction score
If I was having all of the issues that you are with my truck, I would pull every wiring harness out of it, do a 100% check on every single wire, repair or replace any issues, and start back with a known good build.

You do know that the wiring changed on 7.3 Super Duty trucks. I believe it was during the 2002 build.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
As a matter of fact I started doing just that after I found the short. But I haven't found a short in thd wiring between the transmission and the pcm. Everything checks out on the plug at the tranny,no blown fuses,voltage where it's supposed to be. The only thing I've found is the shorted out wires from the ebp sensor at the ebpv plug( which is d******) How can I contact Mark Kavalsky about this issue? I've saw his post on other forums as I've been searching my problem.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok today I went through a lot of the wiring. Took connectors apart and used electronic cleaner and applied dielectric grease to wherever I could get to. All the fuses under the hood and the relays. This afternoon all the codes were cleared, however sometimes when under a lot of load,heavy on the pedal, it would act like it was losing fuel or hpo. I'd light would start blinking and I would keep getting in the throttle and it would clear up and light go off. I'm taking it into the Dealership tomorrow and have them figure the cruise, glow plug relay. I assume the in link fuses may be bad. I had power this morning except across the relay to glow plugs. Since oil temp sensor isn't throwing a code,he did say there was a code in glow plug system. I really don't have the time to put into it cause I've got behind in things to do around the house and need to be on the road for work asap! I'll have the tranny checked out really good since the warranty will end in a month. I'm not outta the woods yet but it's better than it was. Anyone have a guess as to why the of light flashes under load? Ipr sensor did have a bit of oil on it,lpop could getting weak, or hpop. They're pretty good down there at the dealership I feel pretty good about putting in their hands!

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well Ford has diagnosed it as PCM failure. I talked to the service mgr this morning and at the time they had put a new glo plug relay on. At the beginning of my issues was right after I had installed one from Adv**** A***. I had read later a guy with my same issue determined his OCM was bad due to someone installing a starter solenoid for glo plug relay. There was a diode blown as a result. Just the other night I exchanged it for another because it never worked and it appeared to be backwards. The way it mounted 12v lines up with load side so I switched it so line side from the starter would be where it's marked 12v. So this morning the service mgr said it had a starter solenoid instead of a glo plug relay. I suppose that it will send current backwards through the pcm blowing the diode. Coincidence? Who knows but why would these auto parts stores be allowed to sell this as glo plug relay? I know that I should've bought the Ford brand but they will hear from me tomorrow. Whether or not it caused my issue. Now for a pcm. I think a guy down the road may have my exact pcm. What is so strange about this is Ford wants a different number off the pcm as another company I talked to.Ford wants the 1c3f number card***wants the
DPC-422 and the programmers just want PMT2. How the hell do you know if you're getting the right part? Even that it is the PCM I still think there's a problem in the transmission. I know I felt it slip in OD yesterday and I've been told by tranny guys that if ever slips once it's toast. When I get this straightened out I'm getting a 15 or 16 F350 6.7 and if ever needs s wrench to it ford is doing it. Or at least it will be Ford parts. I have found a 15 350 67k miles that's been d******. Very nice truck like new,not one blemish Black onnBlack with leveling kit and nice wheels. I think I'll see if I can make a deal. I can get it for 42k 10k for my truck.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could send my PCM to be determined of cause of failure? The auto parts store where I purchased my glo plug relay has agreed to pay all cost if determined kit was the cause of PCM failure.

Latest posts

Members online