VACUUM LINE HELP!

joeg500

Reaction score
I just put a new shortblock in my truck and I have everything taken care of and its running despite a couple small lights on (advancetrac and something else non related). I have a vacuum line tthat connects to the manifold on the back of the degas bottle that goes under the battery tray somewhere but I have no clue where. There isn't a diagram anywhere and the dealership doesn't have one either. They can only get the hose part number but nothing else related to it. Does anyone have a vacuum booster on their truck that might be able to help me???

Its the first rubber hose off the suction line (has a quick connect style fastener on it from the vacuum pump) and goes under the battery tray with a smaller (maybe 1/8 vac line) taped up with it.

redneck1

Reaction score
Long shot here, but followed that line as far as I could. It appears like it goes into a loom under the battery tray then under the fan shroud and comes out by the opposite side battery box and goes to the egr control valve. But I could be wrong, that's what it appears like..

KCCO

DieselDog

Reaction score
Post a picture of the line your are referencing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
Sorry OP, thought you were referring to the smaller hose. Have to check the big hose out.

KCCO

joeg500

Reaction score
I figured it out. There is a vacuum reservoir built into the battery tray so when I pulled it out to look it was right by my head. The nipple was broke off so I threaded a new one in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.