Regardless if it's 100 degreee's out side or 25, if I dont wts the full (romp)

Varro

Reaction score
Regardless if it's 100 degreee's out side or 25, if I dont wait for the full wts, truck will romp on start up big time, like it has big performance cam lope. Truck runs great when I wts. Glow plug relay is new, pretty sure injectors are clean, maybe I should do a buzz test? When running ipr/icp/duty cycle all look good. Whats th issue here?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Motor is getting tired perhaps. The compression is low so if you heat the air with the gp's you're overcoming the slop in the cylinders.

Its obvious the gp's are working or you'd see no benefit from letting them cycle.

Varro

Reaction score
Motor is getting tired perhaps. The compression is low so if you heat the air with the gp's you're overcoming the slop in the cylinders.

Its obvious the gp's are working or you'd see no benefit from letting them cycle.

Engine has 203,000 miles. Runs perfect. Probably pushing 750ft torque. I can do a compression test. Nothing else comes to mind?

TyCorr

Reaction score
What else can it be lol? If its not just when cold, its an engine health issue.

It could be injectors too but if "it runs great" i doubt its injectors. Especially at 100 degrees. Tired motors have trouble building the compression at startup to fire off and often its why they smoke more the cylinder is colder and sloppier until it warms up a bit.

Running "good" after you manage to get it started isnt an indicator of anything really. Poor compression will simply lower the motors power output compared to a motor with hood compression but they become hard to GET started. Usually the first sign. And as I said, if it were anything gp or injector related the gp cycle wouldnt "fix" it.

Varro

Reaction score
What else can it be lol? If its not just when cold, its an engine health issue.

It could be injectors too but if "it runs great" i doubt its injectors. Especially at 100 degrees. Tired motors have trouble building the compression at startup to fire off and often its why they smoke more the cylinder is colder and sloppier until it warms up a bit.

Running "good" after you manage to get it started isnt an indicator of anything really. Poor compression will simply lower the motors power output compared to a motor with hood compression but they become hard to GET started. Usually the first sign. And as I said, if it were anything gp or injector related the gp cycle wouldnt "fix" it.

Thanks man I will run a compression test.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I was thinking air in fuel. Possible? Is the fuel bowl full after sitting before the first fire of the day?

Latest posts

Members online