Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.0 Aftermarket

Old 03-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Air intakes.

Thinking about getting a air intake for my truck. I know No limit is by far the favorite around here. I had one and sold it cause I wasn't a fan of the noise. Is there a way to quiet down an open filter without restricting power? Would an S&b be suffice?

Currently running IDP xtreme street, atlas 40 Kc stage2 and an elite diesel z-maxi intake manifold.

I'd like the power response and egt drop of the no limot but without the noise.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:18 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Probably not, that's part of why they flow so well, there's nothing restricting them to cut down on the noise.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

S&b or afe intakes work well. Don't need all that "supreme high flow" mumbo jumbo. It's not a race truck.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I ended up order an intake from Rudys performance. eBay had a coupon so I got it for $115 shipped brand new

Looks to be same as the Sinistwr one with 4" aluminum pipe all the way to the turbo and a cone filter
Old 03-13-2018, 07:47 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng5point0 View Post
I ended up order an intake from Rudys performance. eBay had a coupon so I got it for $115 shipped brand new

Looks to be same as the Sinistwr one with 4" aluminum pipe all the way to the turbo and a cone filter

You didnít like the No Limit because of the noise, so you went and bought the exact same style intake only with a 1Ē smaller diameter? Doesnít make a whole lot of sense to me but whatfloats your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoozer View Post
You didnít like the No Limit because of the noise, so you went and bought the exact same style intake only with a 1Ē smaller diameter? Doesnít make a whole lot of sense to me but whatfloats your boat.

I thought the same thing!
Old 03-17-2018, 06:36 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoozer View Post

I felt the same way ordering it. I mostly want to see if i can feel any difference mostly in throttle response and see a difference on my egt gauge. I couldn't beat the price.

Also wondered if i make some sort of shroud to go around the top would it change the noise level at all.

If all else fails i have a friend with an S&B that would trade with me. He wants everything as loud as possible.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

How does the Rudy's compare to the no limit?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I'm surprised nobody suggested stock. I've read on this forum that it'll flow for around 500 hp. Maybe you're above that.
97 f?50, ZF-5 tranny, 6637, 3" downpipe 5" exhaust, PHP six position, 6.0 liter I/C, Polished 304 stainless I/C tubing, DIY exhaust brake, 2005 axle swap with 3.73, 280HP 551 ft. lbs as of May 2011. 2008 f250 6.4
Old 04-27-2018, 10:13 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefuel View Post
I'm surprised nobody suggested stock. I've read on this forum that it'll flow for around 500 hp. Maybe you're above that.
Wrong, stock intake will not flow enough air to sufficiently support 500hp. The 500hp thing is nothing more than a myth. Stock is good to about 425hp...past that it just can't supply enough air that the turbo demands(especially a larger one) and becomes restrictive. If anyone has ever paid any attention to the filter minder that these trucks are equipped with...you'd notice this. Another reason why some intake brands that have the enclosed box style will suck the filter minder in because the turbo is demanding more air than the filter can actually flow
2004 F-350 SC FX4, Dakota Digital gauges, insight CS, SCT, tuned FICM(ID), AFE, spearco intercooler, water injection, FASS, Fuelab, Hellmann's sump, regulated return, .020 over motor, RCD stage 2 billet cam, UCF O-ringed heads, ARP's, 120# springs, chromoly pushrods, Casserly 190/75, KC billet stage 2 vgt turbo, BD exhaust manifolds, stage 3 ported manifold, amsoil oil by-pass, suncoast trans w/billet input