Before I make the jump to a T4 mount..what parts can I reuse ?

danielzink

Reaction score
I've done some searching but not really coming up with any "definitive" answers.

I don't mind spending the money...I just don't really want to have to "re-engineer the wheel" to make the change.

Currently I have:

Early (aluminum) OBS intercooler
6637 intake
Beans E-fuel
E99 spyder
Brute 66 Turbo
Irate 3" plenums
T500 HPOP
Rosewood 160/80's
DPP 3" downpipe
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
EGT, Trans temp and boost gauges

To run a T4 mount and turbo....

I'll need ?

New tunes (that's a given)...

Downpipe (will come w/kit and bolt to my existing exhaust system ?)

Turbo and mount (will eliminate my EBPV ****** pedestal ?)

New intercooler pipes ? (fabricated or do you specify with the kit which intercooler you have ?)

Stock exhaust manifolds will stay ?

Can I reuse my plenums ?

What else should I be considering ?

Thanks, Dan

cac.jpg

cac1.jpg

6637.jpg

irate2.jpg

5 oh

Reaction score
There is a handful of sources to get a t4 kit from. I have an Irate kit on my truck and like just about every other kit it’s complete (minus turbo) as far as swapping everything over.

T4 kit will come with its own intercooler pipes.

It looks like you already have the irate plenums so those will stay.

The stock manifolds are what kit is made for unless you go with headers.

The down pipe will attach to your current exhaust.

Turbo choice will depend on what you use the truck for there are several options.

And once it’s all installed you can sell the parts you took off and get some of your money back.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Irate has kits with turbo included and as said above they come with everything needed to install it. I’m ordering one for my SD tonight.

zilla68

Reaction score
be prepared for NOTHING to fit right.
i got the irate basb set up, down pipe was chit, wouldn't fit for nothing. I replaced cab bushings, core support bushings etc, because i was told that was the reason.... was not
the down pipe hit DIRECTLY into the trans line, slap in the way, but was told noone else has ever had an issue, until you look on the webs and see how they all fit like that i guess. finally took it to a shop and they had to cut and turn the pipe a few times to get it right, then massage the pipe a little.

truck ran great don't get me wrong, 230/100 pis injectors, gh programming, etc.
it was just a major pain in the ass to get that down pipe right, after irate said noone ever has had a problem lol

5 oh

Reaction score
Well I guess you can add me to the list of people who didn’t have that issue everything fit great on mine

jl1217

Reaction score
5 oh how do you like the s369sxe and 238/80 injectors I'm thinking of running same set up
Sorry to hijack post

5 oh

Reaction score
It’s good for what I use the truck for which is just fair weather driving. I’m not a real good source for real life data as I don’t have a hitch on my truck so I can’t tell you how it tows. I can tell you that it spools up quickly and pulls hard, there is no smoke on the top end with 238/100 and the boost peaks right at about 50psi and never gets over 1100 egt.

m j

Reaction score
be prepared for NOTHING to fit right.
i got the irate basb set up, down pipe was chit, wouldn't fit for nothing. I replaced cab bushings, core support bushings etc, because i was told that was the reason.... was not
the down pipe hit DIRECTLY into the trans line, slap in the way, but was told noone else has ever had an issue, until you look on the webs and see how they all fit like that i guess. finally took it to a shop and they had to cut and turn the pipe a few times to get it right, then massage the pipe a little.

truck ran great don't get me wrong, 230/100 pis injectors, gh programming, etc.
it was just a major pain in the ass to get that down pipe right, after irate said noone ever has had a problem lol

downpipe was the only issue I had with irates kit, but seeing as it requires firewall modification to fit it is pretty hard to blame the kit.
IMO they should have made their downpipe to match an available aftermarket downpipe lower. I extended the supplied pipe to match an off the shelf lower downpipe.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
All responses are in red

I've done some searching but not really coming up with any "definitive" answers.

I don't mind spending the money...I just don't really want to have to "re-engineer the wheel" to make the change.

Currently I have:

Early (aluminum) OBS intercooler Good
6637 intake Not used
Beans E-fuel Need it with T4
E99 spyderNot used
Brute 66 Turbo Not used
Irate 3" plenums Good
T500 HPOP Good
Rosewood 160/80's Good
DPP 3" downpipe Not used
4" Diamond Eye exhaust Good
EGT, Trans temp and boost gauges Should have them regardless

To run a T4 mount and turbo....

I'll need ?

New tunes (that's a given)...Not really, run what you have. The new turbo will clean up what the Brute 66 couldn't.

Downpipe (will come w/kit and bolt to my existing exhaust system ?) If you get an Irate kit, it'll come with a DP.

Turbo and mount (will eliminate my EBPV ****** pedestal ?)Yes

New intercooler pipes ? (fabricated or do you specify with the kit which intercooler you have ?) You might have to tweak them depending on fitment. I had to tweak mine

Stock exhaust manifolds will stay ?Yep

Can I reuse my plenums ?Yep

What else should I be considering ? 64.5mm turbo

Thanks, Dan

cac.jpg

cac1.jpg

6637.jpg

irate2.jpg

I have an Irate T4 kit with Pius's BASB turbo. When I bought my kit, there was no DP available. You just got a 90* off the turbo and you had to fabricate the rest.

Depending on how and the height of the IC mounting, you might have to tweak the IC pipes.

Also, the oil feed line is slightly too long and rubs the silver heat shield on the firewall. The rubbing will put a hole in the line. I sleeved my line in heater hose for protection.

I have pics of the Irate kit if you need them

Overall, a T4 conversion is one of the best mods you can do. You will be glad you got rid of that Brute 66

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.