05' PSD MAF Sensor (or lack thereof)

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Ok. Have reviewed this in depth before throwing it out here for trusted feedback. Today was serving as overdue maintenance such as cleaning bp sensor and tube and small things as such that I have a bad habit of overlooking. Upon running down the MAF and ITC sensors it occurred to me some moron cut the MAF box off the intake shroud.
Well found out I'm the moron (which I had a pretty good idea of that already) as Ford undoubtedly did not run the MAF sensors on the models the EgR valves were excluded (or something to do with them).
I have the cheesy filter minder and temp probe, but split off from the Temp probe is the plug in for the MAF but if you look inside the plug itself there is a factory blank plugging it.
That may have something to do with my intake air reading temp but no flow. Why in the hells bells would they do that and can I simply install the actual sensor and have it program the strategy to measure and reflect the pid without an act of congress. I still don't understand what Ford was gaining but I was told for my model I would have one or the other, not both. One factory rep told me the Temp probe actually served as both. Who has the facts on this deal and the easiest most accurate path forward. This is the only perameter not reading and I definitely will do what necessary to to get it corrected and can't believe Ive not ran this down already. Didnt have cold side on livewire layout. Just ebp and map.pics may not help as I couldnt see what I was shooting due to brightens. Thanks in advance, -rob3ed
41ca5ce529d8b64d501143edf17f6a22.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Some 49 state emissions trucks did not have the maf. For the mlst part, on a stock truck, the maf is only used for egr flow monitoring. The maf numbers will go down the more the egr is opened. It is for the egr monitor on the obd drive cycle.

Most tunes, from what my dumb ass has realized, dont use the maf either. I have forgotten to plug it back in a few times. No light, and no difference in running.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Truck runs like a scalded dog, especially with Matts tune. But I'd still like to keep an eye on it as it just took me and my gransboy an hour to come 1/2 mile home for blowing CAC boots/pipes. Took the EBP sensor off thinking it may be a little coked and good night, it was stopped up. Took some old guitar strings and twisted them up and reamed out tube and cleaned sensor and some of the shifting issues pretty much vanished and was gonna lay down a quarter and didnt get spoiled and poof!! Got it back together and pretty much compressed clamp springs and did it again under light pedal. Not over boosting but I'll nail that down after church. Happy as can be with performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online