Is this the T4 .83 turbine housing everyone raves about?

JDub

Reaction score
The longer outlet housing comes on the 62/68 FMW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, there is a .83 T4 S200 turbine housing as well. Doesn't explain the different port size, but could explain the variance in housing look from the exterior view.

Yea there is. If i remember right though it is not a twin scroll? But then i think it is a t3. Then it is possible the t4 S200 one is a twin scroll.

That's judging directly from the port size.

I agree. That would be a good way to restrict flow BAD! If it would spool good I would be shocked!

Unless you took and smoothed out the flow going into the housing. then it might work.

That number on the side isn't always a part number. May just be a casting number.

That could be true. Or is true in cases.

Extended Power

Reaction score
The T3 housing ports are opened up, and blended into the throat of the housing.
I will just do the same to this T4 housing.
If I can make almost 800 on the tall port T3 .70 housing, I think I should be able to make more with the T4 .83 housing.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Not to dig up an old thread or anything but I bought a 364.5 sxe supercore and can't decide which housing to buy and put on it. Can anyone here help steer me in the right direction? I keep leaning towards the .83 for spool up, Its going on my dually to be used as a tow rig and more than likely ill throw a big atmosphere charger on one of these days and compound it so keep that in mind

shmoozer

Reaction score
I have the .90 divided housing on my 66 sxe and it works great. I don't know that I would go with an .83

Extended Power

Reaction score
For a tow rig, I'd run the smaller housing....better bottom end.
The quickest spooling setup I had used a .70 T3 housing....just gate around it if your gonna fuel the piss out of it.

Latest posts

Members online