No Reflection on anyone excluding Charles and Chris at TSD

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
A lot of you know I was teetering on the totter regarding which custom tune I was gonna run after finally listening to reason re running livewires canned jobs. Some very useful tips as alway from 6.0, sootie, and the rest of the gang. These trucks really do acquire their own DNA depending on multitudes of factors , but facts remain facts and the highly respectable Tune I chose from ya'lls input just never took. I truly respect those guys and they all broke their backs to satisfy me, but for whatever reason it never took...and one of their main selling points is what we couldnt straighten out..shift points, lope and flare. But God knows they tried.
I wasn't sold on the Super Panty Dropper from the beginning from the outlandish reports I was hearing. But they kept coming, and more importantly they all seemed to share an amount of similance. So, after eating a little crow contacted Charles and Chris, who were just as surprised I wasn't raving regarding the previous tunes installed. Anyway, I wasn't expecting to see the SPD and SPD mild until Tuesday at the earliest with the holidays aa I ordered just this past Thursday, had them to me yesterday. But I've just made the first run (i will not disclose which of the two tunes for fear of the beating i'll take from Sootie and 6.0) but fellas on my particular truck, I'm almost without words. Shift points spot on, sounds like a 747, and without asking they implemented my overdrive button as basically a lock up at 3 imstead of the requested 5th gear. Power is different, not smart or articulate enough to explain but it's truly unreal. Again, you can see in my earlier post the praise I gave the last tuners and I'm satisfied its something to do with my particular set up. But I told my wife to make sure and keep a spare pair of panties in her purse anytime she goes with me (which is rare) because it aint no chit. And incomparable to anything Ive mashed on yet. Charles/Chris, you two are the man in my book. I'll be picking up the pieces after I blow the heads through the hood but I'll have a smile on my face. The best part is now I can move on and modify as needed because i'll not be contacting anyone bit those guys moving forward. Unbelievable is the best I can explain it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KCTurbos

Reaction score
That is great to hear. I love TSD tuning. The power just comes on so hard/smooth and the shifting is firm but doesnt bang.

There is a lot of "personal preference" when it comes to tuning. I personally have tunes from just about everyone. IMO tuning is the biggest bang for your buck out there... it is well worth it to try a couple of different tunes from a couple different tuners. It is one of the cheapest mods out there YET it can DRASTICALLY change how your truck runs.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Absolutely, it just floors me how those two guys nailed it first go. Since I last posted I do have something to report though....they revealed real fast where I didn't have cac pipe torqued and/ or seated correctly off turbo. Lol. I've a brand new chevy Silverado that work provides me and as I know its apples to oranges, but I Work long hours and do a lot of traveling but I still get home after 15 hours and srill take my 12 year old out for a decompress ride and its never been better since Charles and Chris tune. And Ive always loved it, they just absolutely nailed it for my ride. You are correct though, I'm as far as I can go now and hoping for
a little advice for my next mods as I want to bring tune up with it. It will be a bit though, gotta bite the bullet and get studded., probably hit several other critical parts while in their like lifters, rockers and such but after that wanna start talking maybe just turbo on stock injectors as I'm gonna lop it off at 600rwhp.
Too much info I know, but its jacked me back up with the performance and smoothness those guys achieved with just tuning. Shifting is better than stock or sct canned, which I didn't have a complaint with those but theyre not close to what Ive got now. And when you feel like turning her loose, you best be mindful of all your circumstances, cause you're about to loose a certain amount of command your accustom to. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
When you get it studded, throw in a kc stage 2r and some 190/30s from holders, and a strictly regulated return. Life is much easier not tearing chit apart several times. That should put you right around 550-575 at the wheels, drive awesome, and tow great too. Tsd tuning is great for driveability, i run it most of the time. In novative makes more power, but the race tune has a loght switch throttle which blows balls on the street. Glad your happy, now let the addiction begin.....:demon:

kwelch08

Reaction score
When you get it studded, throw in a kc stage 2r and some 190/30s from holders, and a strictly regulated return. Life is much easier not tearing chit apart several times. That should put you right around 550-575 at the wheels, drive awesome, and tow great too. Tsd tuning is great for driveability, i run it most of the time. In novative makes more power, but the race tune has a loght switch throttle which blows balls on the street. Glad your happy, now let the addiction begin.....:demon:

+1 this is exactly the same setup I have at the moment and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mstng5point0

Reaction score
I just got my ******** tunes updated for my Kc stage 2 turbo and Warren comp trans. I have no extra play money and you guys have me wanting to try TSD tunes now.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score

That's way I am going 6.0 Tech. If I dont blow before I get studded. And you had to do it didn't you? I'll have Chris's at Innovated next week. Which one do I request?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I always liked the xtreme street tune, the xtreme x has the light switch throttle.

Latest posts

Members online