pulley

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK guys new problem had a squeaky belt so I replaced it with a new motocraft. Still made the noise. Had a mechanic say it was my belt tensioner pulley so I replaced it plus the top idler pulley and the Damm thing still does it. Anyone have a clue?

My alternator is fairly new and my ps pump is new. I checked the belt couple times but heck if I know. It does it with the ac on or off.

EPA

Reaction score
Are all the pulleys dry? No fluids/oil/grime/rust on them?

Last edited:

EPA

Reaction score
Far as I can tell would cleaning everything with a degreaser and water maybe help or make things worse?

I had a pulley that had some kind of oil on it... I started changing everything until 1 day I took the belt off and sprayed brake clean and wiped all the pulleys... I was surprised to find the oil residue. Decided to buy another new belt at the same time it solved my problem.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I had a pulley that had some kind of oil on it... I started changing everything until 1 day I took the belt off and sprayed brake clean and wiped all the pulleys... I was surprised to find the oil residue. Decided to buy another new belt at the same time it solved my problem.
Thanks never thought of that I will clean them tomorrow when I have light. I have some brake clean also so I will try that and report back. Thanks again for the help sir.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I just installed the ps pump couple months ago. I will check it anyway thanks
If you just replaced the pump, make sure the gear is on all the way, but not too far to where it could possibly be hitting the bolts behind it. Should be about flush with the end of the shaft.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

fastersteve

Reaction score
I had a squeak like that. Took the belt off and it stopped. put the belt back on and pulled the fan clutch.

Turned out to be the fan clutch.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK guys I had to go somewhere this morning and it never made the noise again. Not sure what it was. I replaced the entire tensioner though. I will keep a eye on it and if it acts up again I will try a couple other things and keep you guys posted.

Thanks again for all the replys and help it means a lot.

Latest posts

Members online