How to make 400 - 500 RWHP - 6.0L

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yeah, but its a phone pic and it sucks. It's actually the stock FICM lines laid over the modded FICM lines

Attachments

• D3.JPG
    D3.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 570

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
It beat my goal and thank you Chris! The tune is awesome. The early lock up does take a little getting used to but it runs great and the power is as smooth as anyone could expect throughout. BTW, I had to order new aluminum oil and fuel caps form Vivian on Thursday and she had nothing but good things to say about you and TSD. I hope you appreciate these numbers cause I'm lovin' em'.

Chris

Reaction score
It beat my goal and thank you Chris! The tune is awesome. The early lock up does take a little getting used to but it runs great and the power is as smooth as anyone could expect throughout. BTW, I had to order new aluminum oil and fuel caps form Vivian on Thursday and she had nothing but good things to say about you and TSD. I hope you appreciate these numbers cause I'm lovin' em'.

Tell Vivian I said hi! We used to use her and DJ's tunes a few years back and we're always totally happy w/ them. The only reason we started tuning ourselves was when they decided to get out of the game for a little while. She is good people!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
TSD will be gettin' some calls for tunes from some of our GPDA members. About 30 people saw my truck do those numbers 4 times on a loaded dyno and everyone who showed up throughout the day (90-100 people) heard about it. The video is up on the GPDA page at the .org and it'll be on our facebook page as well.

Chris

Reaction score
if you guys have tuning questions, shoot me an email at [email protected].

Also, if you are ready to order, best to way to place the order is call the shop at the number Steve posted above.

210 654 6767.

Thanks again for the kind words.

genuineford

Reaction score
if you guys have tuning questions, shoot me an email at [email protected].

Also, if you are ready to order, best to way to place the order is call the shop at the number Steve posted above.

210 654 6767.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Hell that number was on speed dial for a while. I barley had to look to see what it was. LOL

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I just dynoed at PHP on 11 Feb, 454rwhp and 980lb/tq with an intake (aFe Stage II), exhaust (5" MBRP), tune (Matt @ Gearhead's SRL+), and a FICM tune from Bill at PHP.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I just dynoed at PHP on 11 Feb, 454rwhp and 980lb/tq with an intake (aFe Stage II), exhaust (5" MBRP), tune (Matt @ Gearhead's SRL+), and a FICM tune from Bill at PHP.

Finally came to PSA to play with the big boys. Welcome Mr.President!

MontanaCoalRollers

Reaction score
Where to start first?

So many people start out with chips,exhaust,intake and go from there. However inorder to acheive some of these horsepower ratings I have a few questions.

Where do you start first?

What I mean by this is if I truely want to acheive 400-500 rwhp what part of the vehicle should be upgraded first? Transmission, bottom end top end, etc etc.

I figure if I want to reach 400-500 rwhp and progress from there, there should be proper steps that should take place. If we (powerstoke army members) could get a list of which steps in order should take place first to last.

Thanks in advance

My current mods are as follows.
AFE Stage 2 intake
Sct tuned
5" straight pipe
egr/egr cooler delete
boost,trans,pyro gauges
ARP head studs

MorganY

Reaction score
Id say an SCT w custom tunes, gauges, ARP's, exhaust, healthy stock or upgraded pump and a FICM tune should get you over 400

Last edited:

MontanaCoalRollers

Reaction score
I understand that. However what I am trying to figure out is at what point do you upgrade engine and driveline components. So how much can my stock 5r110 actually handle? At what point do I start to upgrade the eternals of my motor?

My next upgrades IMO are:

Drivien diesel fuel system
Fass pump
ficm by innovative
Hpop by dieselsite
intercooler

My other concern is Turbo. eveyone has there own opinion and im open to all of them. What size what brand? I would like quick spooling with a wide range of horsepower capabilities. I know thats oxymoron but there has to be a great option out there. Somewhere in the 500 to 800hp range.

MorganY

Reaction score
for 400-500 you don't need to upgrade engine parts, it wouldn't hurt to do pushrods when you are doing studs since they are cheap insurance. my 5r110 ran strong at 480hp and probably would have been fine at 500hp.

I would say a powermax with stock injectors even up to a 190/100 with proper tuning, and a 190-205 injector for an s364/71/.70. as for anything close to 600 hp and on requires compounds or a large single (sacrificing drivability) and 225 conventionals or larger hybrids.

Latest posts

Members online