WHOS RUNNING 1000hp+ THESE DAYS AND HOW

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
I have been searching through some old threads and there's seems to be nothing newer. I am wondering who's is running at or about 1000rwhp. I'm sure there are a lot of people now, compared to the threads I am finding back from 2009-2010.

Whoever is running over 1000rwhp could you put what all is done, like bottom end,injectors size,turbo or turbos sizes, transmission, and anything else you have done to reach that goal.

I am currently back on my project as it was at a standstill for a while. Short list of what I'm doing is full bottom end build rods,pistons,430-150 hybrid injectors, 66/88 compound setup and a full billet trans. Obviously a lot of other stuff but just to keep the list short.

Looking forward to hearing who's out there and how they got there!

sootie

Reaction score
Danny Elmore (imelmo) is, Jaran Holder (HOLDER DOWN), Jesse Warren (Jwarren)

Not sure if Charlie Keeter is up there (6l Chev eater)

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score

I got my first set of injectors from II 225/150 and I don't like them so I am going to be sending my injectors to Jesse to work his majic on them (430-150) or if he can go bigger then that I might do that. I'm also going to be getting my trans from him down the road in the next couple of months.

Black AOD

Reaction score

I don't know exact number but he's over 1k, went 9.9X

430/150s I believe.

David Ferguson is in the area as well iirc

Keeter is WELL over 1000whp.

and Yes, David Ferguson is too.

The Outlaw Diesel Grey Shorty 6.0L is well above 1000whp as well.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Do you know what kind of setups they are running?
Keeter is running a full built 6.0L with a custom triple kit. Two S369s into an s468. Built twisted diesel 4R. Warren Diesel 7mm hybrid injectors with (I'm guessing) a twin hpop kit, probably Warrens kit. Has 2 stages of nitrous I believe. It's a lowered ccsb 250. It has gone 9.92 before.

Ferguson (last I saw) was running a built 6.0L motor with his own built 5R with a big compound kit. Some kind of s400/s500 kit is what it looked like size wise. It had similar fueling to Keeters setup. It's a 350 ECLB truck. Similar nitrous setup. It has gone in the mid-high 10s I think?

Jesse's truck is a 350 CCSB with a full built 6.0L and I believe one of his own built 5Rs. It has his twin hpop kit and he had some giant injectors in it. Last I heard 455/400. I heard he had even done some one off 500/400 or 500/450 or something nuts like that but idk what's true and what's rumor... his DPC turbo setup in 15' was an s468 into an s485.

His 17' UCC setup was something big. REALLY big. His atmo was about the same size as his big ass air to water I/C. I'm guessing 100+ mm atmo charger. It has a few stages of nitrous.

It went 10.0 at UCC but a guy at UCC who was local to Jesse's shop told me he had gone 9.83 in it but hadn't posted about it yet which doesn't surprise me. Jesse keeps very quiet about stuff.

The Outlaw diesel truck I honestly have no idea. I just know it's a really fast RCSB conversion f250. I saw it run in the 10.5 index class at 2016 TS and I actually saw the truck in person recently at outlaws shop the Saturday night after the 2017 UCC dyno day. However the truck was apart at the time so I don't know what the setup is on it. All I know is it has made several mid-high 10 sec passes so I figure it's Making 1000+ whp

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
Keeter is running a full built 6.0L with a custom triple kit. Two S369s into an s468. Built twisted diesel 4R. Warren Diesel 7mm hybrid injectors with (I'm guessing) a twin hpop kit, probably Warrens kit. Has 2 stages of nitrous I believe. It's a lowered ccsb 250. It has gone 9.92 before.

Ferguson (last I saw) was running a built 6.0L motor with his own built 5R with a big compound kit. Some kind of s400/s500 kit is what it looked like size wise. It had similar fueling to Keeters setup. It's a 350 ECLB truck. Similar nitrous setup. It has gone in the mid-high 10s I think?

Jesse's truck is a 350 CCSB with a full built 6.0L and I believe one of his own built 5Rs. It has his twin hpop kit and he had some giant injectors in it. Last I heard 455/400. I heard he had even done some one off 500/400 or 500/450 or something nuts like that but idk what's true and what's rumor... his DPC turbo setup in 15' was an s468 into an s485.

His 17' UCC setup was something big. REALLY big. His atmo was about the same size as his big ass air to water I/C. I'm guessing 100+ mm atmo charger. It has a few stages of nitrous.

It went 10.0 at UCC but a guy at UCC who was local to Jesse's shop told me he had gone 9.83 in it but hadn't posted about it yet which doesn't surprise me. Jesse keeps very quiet about stuff.

The Outlaw diesel truck I honestly have no idea. I just know it's a really fast RCSB conversion f250. I saw it run in the 10.5 index class at 2016 TS and I actually saw the truck in person recently at outlaws shop the Saturday night after the 2017 UCC dyno day. However the truck was apart at the time so I don't know what the setup is on it. All I know is it has made several mid-high 10 sec passes so I figure it's Making 1000+ whp

All I have to say is holy s--- Jesse ran some big injectors hahah. Thanks for all the info man I appreciate it.

Now obviously all there bottom ends are built but how far are they going with it? Rods,pistons, cam, are they doing anything else to the bottom end? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get info for my build and I'd like to be in the 10's with my ccsb. Thanks again!!

Black AOD

Reaction score
All I have to say is holy s--- Jesse ran some big injectors hahah. Thanks for all the info man I appreciate it.

Now obviously all there bottom ends are built but how far are they going with it? Rods,pistons, cam, are they doing anything else to the bottom end? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get info for my build and I'd like to be in the 10's with my ccsb. Thanks again!!
Yeah rods, pistons, cams, the whole works

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
Yeah rods, pistons, cams, the whole works

I'll pick jesses truck to talk about cause we have the same year and same truck configuration. Did he keep the a/c, did he put a fuel cell in the bed, does he still have all his seats?

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'll pick jesses truck to talk about cause we have the same year and same truck configuration. Did he keep the a/c, did he put a fuel cell in the bed, does he still have all his seats?
A/C I don't know but I'd guess by now it's gone. It has a fuel cell i think now and the rear seat and passenger seat are now gone. Full cage.

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
A/C I don't know but I'd guess by now it's gone. It has a fuel cell i think now and the rear seat and passenger seat are now gone. Full cage.

Ok good to know and do you know how much hp a conventional 330/150 injector is good for?

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
Nope. Talk to a 6.0 Guru. That ain't me lol

Ok hahah you may know this though, why do people de-lip and coat the pistons, I would assume they coat them for heat I'm not sure why they de-lip them though sorry to be annoying.

sootie

Reaction score
Ok hahah you may know this though, why do people de-lip and coat the pistons, I would assume they coat them for heat I'm not sure why they de-lip them though sorry to be annoying.

Because the factory lip has a sharp edge on it. When aggressive tunes are run with a lot of timing, sometimes the injector spray pattern squeaks out of the bowl a bit and its like a cutting torch on those thin edges which can cause a melted piston or cracks.

imelmo

Reaction score

I'm actually a little under 1000 at 946. I'm sending these 285/150 hybrids to Warren after TS though and bumping up to the 330/150 hybrids which should put me over.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'm actually a little under 1000 at 946. I'm sending these 285/150 hybrids to Warren after TS though and bumping up to the 330/150 hybrids which should put me over.

I knew you were close to 1000 but I wasn't quite sure. I was going to bring you up but I'm not very familiar with your truck and it's setup, Sorry Danny. It has a sweet wrap job, I know that! lol

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
I knew you were close to 1000 but I wasn't quite sure. I was going to bring you up but I'm not very familiar with your truck and it's setup, Sorry bud. It has a sweet paint job, I know that! lol

its a wrap ...

Black AOD

Reaction score
its a wrap ...

well it looks cool regardless sheesh

You're asking for an ass whooping Ron. I'm coming after you one of these days if you keep ragging on me every second... damn Canadians :poke:

FYI I fixed my post for you Mr. Perfect

sootie

Reaction score
well it looks cool regardless sheesh

You're asking for an ass whooping Ron. I'm coming after you one of these days if you keep ragging on me every second... damn Canadians :poke:

FYI I fixed my post for you Mr. Perfect

hugs...