Steering Wheel

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right section but I need a new steering wheel cause mine was painted:doh: does Ford sell them?

BMac

Reaction score
See if you can find one in a salvage yard that didn't have the bags deploy. They are probably pretty pricey from FoMoCo

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
I was thinking that but someone told me that the dealer has to install it because of the air bag. Does it matter who puts it in?

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks. I'll start shopping for one this week. I don't know who did it the dealer or the previous owner but they painted the steering wheel and the color is wayyyyy off lol

Spatel23

Reaction score
Im sending mine to craftcustoms. They recover the leather and add matching woodgrain from 10 to 2 so the top doesnt wear out again.

Enoch

Reaction score
Im sending mine to craftcustoms. They recover the leather and add matching woodgrain from 10 to 2 so the top doesnt wear out again.

I want to have this done as well. There's a guy on ebay that you buy a refurbished one that he redid. When you get the new one you send him back your core so you're not without a steering wheel.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
If your going to do it yourself most people say to wait 10-30 minutes before unplugging the airbag wires or working on the truck. That will allow any extra voltage/power to drain down.

Silver2010

Reaction score

This is genius! Mine isn't damaged yet but my buddies is pretty much shot. How much they quote you at if you dont mind me asking?

Spatel23

Reaction score
They arent cheap....thats for sure. $400 if I recall. I have read reviews and spoke with a few people that have used them before and they all say the quality is top notch so Im willing to pay it.
Turn around time is 2 weeks.
I bought a cheap $30 Xl steering wheel to drive around with while it is off.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Just fyi. If its the truck in your sig 03. Any steering wheel from 97-early04 f-150s and any wheel from 99-07 SD is a direct bolt in. You dont have to disconnect batteries and such to unplug your airbag and change them out. It makes most people feel better to do it. I have done literally 100 of them and never had one blow up on me. Almost all of them with cables connected. The steering wheel in my truck now is from a sport 01 f-150 so it is black leather. You should be able to find one of those pretty cheap. They are pricey through Ford. Also, you dont need a puller to get the wheel off, but most people will tell you that you do. You just need to keep steady STRONG pressure out on it and it will come off. Hope it helps.

Jason

Reaction score
I checked once, and ford wanted like $350 for a new one. One of my projects is new steering wheel and redo my seats (they are still in good condition, drivers side has a 1/2" tear on seam) with a higher quality LEATHER. since the damn thing isn't leaving my ownership, I want it to look like a 50k mile truck for another 300k.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.