Battery terminal corrosion

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
I have a 2016 f350 powerstroke, and my passenger side battery positive cable is corroding pretty bad with blue battery acid corrosion. Is this normal for these trucks? I cleaned it off a few times but it comes back in just a few days.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a 2016 f350 powerstroke, and my passenger side battery positive cable is corroding pretty bad with blue battery acid corrosion. Is this normal for these trucks? I cleaned it off a few times but it comes back in just a few days.
I wouldnt think it should come back that fast. I usually clean the terminals once a year to keep them fresh and apply die electric grease or spray them with battery terminal protectant from the local parts store.

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Anymore, the batteries are cracking fairly often. If you are still under 36k, get it in and get the batteries swapped out under warranty. If it ate the cable at all they should replace the cable harness assembly as well under warranty. That job is a mother ****er, so do what you can to get it done free.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
My 15 does the same exact thing. Passenger side as well. I took it in when still under warranty and they wouldn’t do ****. Guess I’ll just replace the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
Think I’m gonna go interstate. Had great luck with them in work trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online