Stand alone intercooler loop

Nigel217

Reaction score
has anyone put there intercooler on a stand alone loop with its own coolant and radiator? have thought about this for a while now. wasn't sure if it would be worth the marginal gains. maybe beneficial when towing on long trips? thought?

08Monster

Reaction score
has anyone put there intercooler on a stand alone loop with its own coolant and radiator? have thought about this for a while now. wasn't sure if it would be worth the marginal gains. maybe beneficial when towing on long trips? thought?
Doesn't seem like it would be worth it at all. Adding a air to air after would be way easier IMO, but still a waste. I tow on race with a 363sxe that runs higher boost and I don't have air temp issues.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
In a way it is on it's own with a separate tstat controlled circuit. Not to mention that if you want to keep cold weather performance it might not be good to lower the intake temps much lower since diesel motors love some heat.

Unless you have some serious temp issue with the output of the compressor side of the turbo I can't see what gain you would be able to quantify.

While I run quite a few mods/upgrades it's hard to see intake temps that exceed 30*F over OAT on the CAC cold side while at cruising HWY speeds. Yes, as I hold higher than 10+PSI boost for a significant amount of time that delta will increase. Once the boost PSI is lower/stable IAT drops.

Latest posts

Members online