Looking for customer input

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I would be happy with an update for the ******* TCM, it's been years with nothing and just promises... so I'll just wait and see, normally it's many months till we see anything after ******* comes to the forum and tells us will are going to release an updates, kind of like boy calling wolf, waiting again!

Charles,

While I'd agree we have been way, way behind with that, I can't recall ever telling anyone a timeline on it myself, as I haven't posted on the forums in several years up until the last couple of months.

Nonetheless, if you'll drop me a PM with your tuner serial number, VIN, and general truck info, I'll send you some custom files with the latest features installed into the calibrations for our TCM.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Wanted to give everyone an update, since it has been a while.

We're wrapping up development on our 6.7L projects, and should be ready to start on the new 6.4L toys by the end of October.

At this point, I'll go ahead and officially say that SOTF is coming, and will be incorporated into the next 6.4L software update. All that you'll need (if you have our device already) will be the switching cable, at a pretty low cost.

A few snippets of important information-

1.) We have room in the module for 4 power settings.
2.) This WILL work with custom files.
3.) You are not stuck with 4 preset levels. If ordering it as a custom file, you can choose any 4 power levels you like (with a few exceptions, due to certain compatibility that isn't changeable on the fly- there should be only a few of these).

To elaborate on number 3- for example, if a customer wants a SOTF file with a 210, 310, 310 with fueling and timing for nitrous, and a "low smoke" stock file, we can build it. Pretty much any combination of files can be constructed.

The methodology we are using for this software is going to give a LOT of adjustability, and I'm pretty excited about the potential this has. It will bring options to the table that haven't existed in the past, and I think many of you will find use for it.

More to come very soon.

Awesome Matt, exciting I can't wait LOL.

Will we be able to load regular non SOTF files up, if we ever need to with the SOTF module connected?

Last edited:

KTM300

Reaction score
SOTF is what I have been dreaming off since the beginning. Thanks for that!

I don't know if this something you can do or not, but having the DashDaq turn on and go to sleep (not shut off) automatically would be really nice. Is this something the nDash does?

Would also love to be able to set the TPMS at any pressure I want.

cbenn47

Reaction score
Matt, not able to PM you on this site as you have PM's turned off is the message I get, so... I sent Mark an email the next day with info you had ask me to supply, so I haven't heard anything so if you read this ask Mark where is the email I asked him to forward to you.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Matt, not able to PM you on this site as you have PM's turned off is the message I get, so... I sent Mark an email the next day with info you had ask me to supply, so I haven't heard anything so if you read this ask Mark where is the email I asked him to forward to you.

I saw it on my desk from Mark late last week. It's on my to-do list over the next day or two.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've got a quick question, I read through this a while ago and I don't think I read the answer to this question. Will the consumer be able to get custom tunes from any of the custom tuning companies out there, or just from you guys?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I've got a quick question, I read through this a while ago and I don't think I read the answer to this question. Will the consumer be able to get custom tunes from any of the custom tuning companies out there, or just from you guys?

Spar-tan and RCD.

KTM300

Reaction score
Also, is it possible to setup the shift to overdrive to be based on load instead of speed? My truck shifts to overdrive at 45 mph regardless of load and really lugs the engine under some circumstances.

gambling209

Reaction score
had your stuff since 2008. would like to get ride of the tpms. then can anything be done with the rev slam issue, besides getting a built tranny?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Update

Wanted to drop an update here for you guys. Thanks for the input, as it's been extremely helpful looking at what we wanted to change in new upcoming software releases.

At this point, we're looking at a January (later in the month) BETA release of version 8.0. The new software is brand new, from scratch, rather than simple "update" of our existing tune files. The driving feel, shifting feel, and pedal response will be completely overhauled, and I think everyone will be extremely pleased with it.

The new software is modeled after what we've done with the latest software release for the 2015 and 2016MY 6.7's. Many of the tactics we used in developing that software will be shared with the 6.4L, which our newest customers seem to be extremely pleased with.

For those of you who have our device on a late model 6.7 as of recent, you'll know the "feel" I'm referring to. Pedal sensitivity (still responsive without being touchy), crisp but less harsh shifting and lockup, and generally improved manners while preserving the top-of-the-line power levels we've always maintained.

There will also be much improved "uniformity" across the power levels. As most of our customers know, there is a significant difference in input feelings throughout the full breadth of our current tuning files for 6.4L. The new software addresses this, just as our newest 6.7L software shares extremely similar (if not identical) pedal and shift feedback between all of the power levels. This has proven very beneficial on 6.7, as the driver doesn't need to alter driving style between power levels.

This update will also be the basis software for version 9.0 shortly following, which will contain shift-on-the-fly.

I'll also note that custom tuning will be available directly following the rev8.0 release.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Wanted to drop an update here for you guys. Thanks for the input, as it's been extremely helpful looking at what we wanted to change in new upcoming software releases.

At this point, we're looking at a January (later in the month) BETA release of version 8.0. The new software is brand new, from scratch, rather than simple "update" of our existing tune files. The driving feel, shifting feel, and pedal response will be completely overhauled, and I think everyone will be extremely pleased with it.

The new software is modeled after what we've done with the latest software release for the 2015 and 2016MY 6.7's. Many of the tactics we used in developing that software will be shared with the 6.4L, which our newest customers seem to be extremely pleased with.

For those of you who have our device on a late model 6.7 as of recent, you'll know the "feel" I'm referring to. Pedal sensitivity (still responsive without being touchy), crisp but less harsh shifting and lockup, and generally improved manners while preserving the top-of-the-line power levels we've always maintained.

There will also be much improved "uniformity" across the power levels. As most of our customers know, there is a significant difference in input feelings throughout the full breadth of our current tuning files for 6.4L. The new software addresses this, just as our newest 6.7L software shares extremely similar (if not identical) pedal and shift feedback between all of the power levels. This has proven very beneficial on 6.7, as the driver doesn't need to alter driving style between power levels.

This update will also be the basis software for version 9.0 shortly following, which will contain shift-on-the-fly.

I'll also note that custom tuning will be available directly following the rev8.0 release.

Glad to hear Matt, awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Matt,

Glad to see this platform not getting left in the weeds. By chance, will you be attempting to match the 6.7's torque converter lock schedule? Most of the folks tuning the 6.4 platform leave lockup for the last two gears only on moderate pedal application (less than 50%). If possible, I'd like to see someone setup something similar to the 6.7 strategy.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
That is awesome to hear what your doing for this platform. Can't wait to get this new software!!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Got a question for you Matt, was there any more power squeezed out of the new revised tunes?

Members online

No members online now.