Got a quirstion...

C2tuck

Reaction score
Some a couple days ago my truck was idling while we were at a neighbors chatting. Once we walked outside (about 40 min later) I noticed a very faint white smoke puffing out of the exhaust. Have never noticed it before and haven’t seen it since. It was high 50’s, low 60’s out so not cold by any means and zero wind, so it was easy to see it. It never stopped the entire time I was watching it, but so faint, no one else would have probably even noticed it. I also swear that I felt a very slight miss a couple of times at red lights. Other than that it runs perfect.

This is on my 15 f250 that has some lost parts and a grand total of 88k on the clock.

Everything I’ve read says it’s caused by either the injectors or injector pump timing.

Ideas??

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Idling for that long is it possible that you were seeing a little bit of wet stacking? Unburnt fuel accumulating in the exhaust. IIRC, the engine doesn’t stay hot enough at idle to completely burn the fuel.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Some a couple days ago my truck was idling while we were at a neighbors chatting. Once we walked outside (about 40 min later) I noticed a very faint white smoke puffing out of the exhaust. Have never noticed it before and haven’t seen it since. It was high 50’s, low 60’s out so not cold by any means and zero wind, so it was easy to see it. It never stopped the entire time I was watching it, but so faint, no one else would have probably even noticed it. I also swear that I felt a very slight miss a couple of times at red lights. Other than that it runs perfect.

This is on my 15 f250 that has some lost parts and a grand total of 88k on the clock.

Everything I’ve read says it’s caused by either the injectors or injector pump timing.

Ideas??
I have thia happen a lot, at least on stock trucks. I'll be checkimg out some stupid electrical ****, and have it running, about 10 min in it will start dumping white smoke and stinking real bad. First couple times I thought it was trying to go into regen, but wjen I go drive it it cleans up fairly quickly. As for the percieved miss, it may have been a placebo affect, in that you thought something was wrong, so you were looking for something else to be wrong.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
Yeah it could have definitely been me..lol.

I think you’re correct that it won’t get hot enough at idle. Guess I’ll keep an eye on it and see.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Members online