2005 Axle Swap

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Easiest way to tell is by where your coil springs sit. If they sit on a perch on the knuckle, you have a regular 60. If they have a separate perch on the tube not part of the knuckle, you have a super 60!

kmanxj

Reaction score
Did you just line the rear spring hanger mount up with the top of the frame and bolt it in? Trying to figure out how I will do that and keep it close to the same. I have to use the SD hangers because mine are rotted out like yours were.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
The rear hangers I kept at the same height as the old ones, and the same center as the old ones. I would measure it off the donor truck first because I think I should have moved the rear hangers back 2" due to the longer spring. If you run the rear hanger you may as well run tge front one and then you will have to use SD springs.

Have you removed the front hangers yet off the old frame

kmanxj

Reaction score
Everything is still on the 06 frame. Going to pick it up from storage this weekend. I am picking up a fifth wheel tomorrow and don't trust these hangers more than this one load. So the swap needs to get done!

kmanxj

Reaction score
Did your truck already have overload springs on it? Mine did not. But the 06 springs do. My frame has holes for them though. The back ones had the same bolt pattern but the front ones don't.

Did your factory pads line up correctly?

kmanxj

Reaction score
Gotchya. Looks like those are going to have to come out when I find some OBS ones. How much capacity do the overloads actually add?

What track bar did you go with?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
They will have to come out before it rides down the road. Otherwise the overloads will be restong on the pads all the time, even unloaded.

I have the old style pure performance trak bar

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Frank as far as installing the front diff did you just take static measurements? How did you locate the front diff this is my biggest concern doing this swap. Also if mr Lott could chime in on the SD box swap that would be great.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Frank and I both have the SD steering box. Bolt in with the exception of honing out the homes in the frame for the larger bolts. I already had a hydraboost, so my lines had the right fittings. Otherwise you'll need some new ones.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Ralph, you got my number now, just text me you have any questions.

As for 99-04 trucks, yes. Its a bolt in deal as far as I know. I think all the holes are already in the frame

1996Powerjoker

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing as OBSsledpuller, how did you locate the front diff perfectly, and is the SD Gearbox needed ? Is there an advantage to using it over the stock gear box?? What else am I going to have to buy to make the 08 f350 suspension work?? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.