What have you done to your powerstroke today?

sootie

Reaction score
Weber Genesis II, stainless steel. Thing is sweet! First SS grill which should last a lot longer than the others. The salt air where I live killed my old ones. Weber gives a 10 year warranty on any of the grill parts which I like.

You wont be disappointed. That's what i run. One thing to watch out for is that Weber makes a cheaper line that looks the same and is branded the same, but gets sold thru big box stores. Only way to tell the difference is by the serial number. The genuine ones are only sold thru bbq retailers and NEVER go on sale. if you paid less than 1350.00 for it, it likely isnt the real deal. Ive met guys running the genuine ones for 25 years +

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
You wont be disappointed. That's what i run. One thing to watch out for is that Weber makes a cheaper line that looks the same and is branded the same, but gets sold thru big box stores. Only way to tell the difference is by the serial number. The genuine ones are only sold thru bbq retailers and NEVER go on sale. if you paid less than 1350.00 for it, it likely isnt the real deal. Ive met guys running the genuine ones for 25 years +

Hmm that's good to know Ron. I paid $1250 for it from a small mom and pop place that's local to me. My last grill was from Home Depot, never again. I'm waiting on the stainless cleaner to get the tape/prints off it from assembly before I use it. I will look up the serial number and see if I can find out if it's real or not.

sootie

Reaction score
Hmm that's good to know Ron. I paid $1250 for it from a small mom and pop place that's local to me. My last grill was from Home Depot, never again. I'm waiting on the stainless cleaner to get the tape/prints off it from assembly before I use it. I will look up the serial number and see if I can find out if it's real or not.
It's probably legit then. Did you do gas or propane?

Zeb

Reaction score
That’s how I like to see a set of heads measure.
A little more variation on the one than I prefer, but good overall.

Attachments

• A8F3D715-6EE7-43C9-A3D1-F35BA0E961BA.jpg
    A8F3D715-6EE7-43C9-A3D1-F35BA0E961BA.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 94
  • AE6D575D-0AFE-4231-B671-54FDE8C812FE.jpg
    AE6D575D-0AFE-4231-B671-54FDE8C812FE.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 89

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
I should have had mine oringed when I had them done. Wanted to stay local and my guy couldn't do it, but I should have at least sent them out for the oring.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Finally got my bumpers back!! Powdercoater has to redo them because of contamination on the first run. Dude does phenomenal work! My painter wanted $600 for the bumpers alone, got them powdered for $245!!

Anyways here’s the before:

b97e5766610b4097621b15568bc1d607.jpg

After:

1f851f7af06e9e6d94fdc954d4302f57.jpg

Also added 2wd valence, switchbacks, and Baja design fogs. New emblems are being painted as we speak, hopefully have them next week.

280a842a08fcbbdd3f2333e337226d0e.jpg

Yeah, yeah I know...either gonna get morimito LED’s, or send them off to retro and get amber deleeete and HID’s...still undecided.

I’ll be doing the rear tomorrow.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Finally got my bumpers back!! Powdercoater has to redo them because of contamination on the first run. Dude does phenomenal work! My painter wanted $600 for the bumpers alone, got them powdered for $245!!

Anyways here’s the before:

b97e5766610b4097621b15568bc1d607.jpg

After:

1f851f7af06e9e6d94fdc954d4302f57.jpg

Also added 2wd valence, switchbacks, and Baja design fogs. New emblems are being painted as we speak, hopefully have them next week.

280a842a08fcbbdd3f2333e337226d0e.jpg

Yeah, yeah I know...either gonna get morimito LED’s, or send them off to retro and get amber deleeete and HID’s...still undecided.

I’ll be doing the rear tomorrow.
That looks frickin great!!! I like it a lot!

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
Wow that looks great. How good does the powder match the paint? And what did they do the center bars with?

C2tuck

Reaction score
Wow that looks great. How good does the powder match the paint? And what did they do the center bars with?

It’s pretty close. I never imagined there where that many shades of white. I picked the closest swatch of the 4 I had it narrowed down to, then got a few opinions and they all agreed. Honestly I think it’s just a tad brighter than the truck, but I’ll probably be the only one that ever notices. It was called Dew White.

I ordered the black bars and C’s from Ford.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Finally got with the program and swapped to a 6.4 starter on my 6.0.

Went to change the oil, and I have fuel in it. Son of a.....
About 2 qts worth in 5000 miles. Had about 16qts total when I drained the pan. You can smell it slightly, and it’s thin thin. I pulled all 8 injectors a couple months ago and did a re seal on them since I had a couple inner seals blown out. Hoping I just damaged one of the lower O-rings on reassembly and it’s not a cracked head. Truck still ran fine, but had a slight miss at times which makes me wonder if an injector is hanging slightly. I swear it’s always something....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
Finally got with the program and swapped to a 6.4 starter on my 6.0.

Went to change the oil, and I have fuel in it. Son of a.....
About 2 qts worth in 5000 miles. Had about 16qts total when I drained the pan. You can smell it slightly, and it’s thin thin. I pulled all 8 injectors a couple months ago and did a re seal on them since I had a couple inner seals blown out. Hoping I just damaged one of the lower O-rings on reassembly and it’s not a cracked head. Truck still ran fine, but had a slight miss at times which makes me wonder if an injector is hanging slightly. I swear it’s always something....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did your injectors come from, and how many miles on them?
Fuel in the oil is usually an internal oring that has gotten hard (because the builder used the incorrect type of oring) and is no longer sealing, not from the head being cracked. Cracked head is fuel in the coolant.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Where did your injectors come from, and how many miles on them?

Fuel in the oil is usually an internal oring that has gotten hard (because the builder used the incorrect type of oring) and is no longer sealing, not from the head being cracked. Cracked head is fuel in the coolant.
Had quite a few that had cracked heads and dumping fuel in the oil... It depends on where the head cracks as to where the fuel dumps. I believe there is actually a tsb for it, along with the fuel in coolant, if I remember right.

Not to scare 6speed though..,

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Rykan at Holders built them in 2014. Have about 60k miles since they were built. Might just pull them and send back to him to go through.

Not noticing any fuel in the coolant. It's nice and red, no oily residue that I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online