Help with codes!!

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Well after a few more hours of working on the truck, going through all the wires again making sure everything looked good and was hooked up, ohmed everything again and drank a case of beer, I found nothing.
I started thinking about the codes I got and why I got them.

P0057- HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (bank2-Sensor2 Im still lost on this one
P0100- Mass/Volume Air Flow Circuit Error Lost on this one too
P0284-Cylinder 8 Contribution/Balance Fault From what Ive been told, typical for the AE injector
P0472-Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input Probably cuz I had the EBPV unplugged?
P0475-Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Error^^
P0476-Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Range/Performance ^^
P0541-Manf Intake Air Heater Circuit Low AIH has been deleted so I dont care
P0605- Internal Control Module ROM Error Been told its because truck has a chip
P1274-High to Low Side Open - Cylinder 4 Possible bad injector
P1278-High to Low Side Open - Cylinder 8 Injector is new so Im guessing typical with the AE injector

The last 3 codes, I read somewhere could be caused because I was cranking the engine with the main harness (on top on driver side valve cover) unplugged to prime fuel and oil rails when I replaced the #8 injector. Anyone ever heard this??
P1293-High Side Open Bank No. 1 (Right)
P1294-High Side Open Bank No. 2 (Left)
P1298-Injector Dvr Module Failure

If my thoughts are right, the most likely cause of the problem is the #4 injector. Well I hope Im right anyways. I got ahold of Beans today and ordered 1 so I guess Ill know on Wednesday when it shows up.
And if Im wrong, Ill blame it on the case of beer:morons:

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
1293/1294 could be from UVCH/VC gaskets. EVEN IF everything ohms out and carries low voltage (KOEO). Been there, done that.

Lemme see if I can find the service manual instructions and pin-outs for those codes.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
So I finally got everything I needed to test fuel pressure and now I have a question for you guys. Is 78 psi at idle and 72-74 at wot to much pressure? I have replaced the spring and valve on the return side with new parts straight from the dealer

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
No problem with those pressures.

'high-side open' is either wiring or bad injector. Try swapping VC gaskets and UVCH's and/or switching solenoids around and see if the problem follows them?? I'm telling you, I had nightmare problems with similar codes and during one late-nite session after beating my brains out - I swapped UVCH out for an 'old' one I had on the shelf. Problem solved, kinda - it still acted up if ya wiggled the wires at VC. Replaced VC gaskets and UVCH's and haven't had problem since!

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help!!! I plan on tearing into it tomorrow and I will swap stuff around so hopefully something will make a difference. I did have a chance to swap in a different idm yesterday and that didnt wasnt it so at least I ruled out another possibility. The truck is going in for new tires today so for the hell of it, Im going to have them check out the whole charging system just to make sure that has nothing to do with it.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Update!!

So I finally broke down and bought AE. After playing around with it, I ended up replacing #4 injector. Now my truck seems to be running better but Im still hearing a slight ticking/knocking noise. Ive scanned the truck about 100 times and the only codes that come up are for AIH (since its been deleted), P0605 which I assume is because of the chip, and P0476 exhaust pressure control valve range performance.

The only other problem for now is my truck shakes pretty bad going down the highway but that didnt start till I got new tires put on last week so Im going back today to have them rebalanced. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Thanks to everyone for your input!!! Hopefully my truck is fixed but only time will tell.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
In Woodbury, just a few minutes east of St. Paul. Also I just got back from the tire shop and no more shaking on the highway. Turns out the dumba$$ that put my new tires on didnt know how to balance them, I had 1 tire that was off by 4oz, 1 that was off by 2 3/4oz and the other 2 were off by +/- 1oz. Then they told me the fired the kid the day after I got my tires cuz he was a major screw up LOL

SWood

Reaction score
Hey Mudslinger02 , did you ever find out what's up?
I've got a similar issue I'm trying to resolve.. P1280, P0605,P1293 and P1294.
Harness checks out fine (slightly higher ohms than desired 3.4 to 4.7 on injectorcircuits)..
I'm trying to find out if it's PCM or IDM

SWood

Reaction score
the truck has single stage injectors, programming and a TS performance chip.. (code still comes up with the chip out.). Still runs.. but hard start and rough off of idle. :)

Any ideas?

SWood

Reaction score
Hey Mudslinger02, Did you resolve your issue?
My 2001 is doing something very similar... Harness seems ok (ohms 3.4-4.7 through the injectors and good resistance where there aught to be).
I'm getting P1280, 0605, 1293 and 1294. Hard starting, idles ok and runs rough w/no power. Fuel pressure good, ICP is getting 4.5 volts and there aren't shorts showing when tested back to the PCM plug. I do have a TS performance chip and single stage injectors, but the codes show on a KOEO test (No stored codes probably because of P0605?)

Latest posts

Members online