Just a little project I got talked into

kanuck15

Reaction score
Im not even sure if this is the right sub forum for this but here we go

A week ago my dad got the idea it was time to drag our old ford 3000 into the garage and finish the head job that was started 3 years ago. It would have been done but our mechanic fell ill and well it just kind of never got back to again.

So flash forward to today. Tractor is torn apart, I have a bucket of bolts, and a pile of parts. No manual or anything to go off of for now. I took this opportunity to do a full strip and clean of the tractor. Going to shoot some primer then a single stage ford blue along with new decals. Wont look brand new but will look better.

The tractor needs a clutch, brakes, and the head finished. But that is it for mechanical needs

Anyways onto the pictures

How it rolled into the garage.

Splitting the tractor to figure out what clutch it had. There were 4 different ones

slid it back together to start some of the cleaning. Made it easier at the time

found a product called Klean Strip paint stripper. Its really good stuff. Grease, paint, and everything came right off. Its pretty hard on the lungs after a few coats of it though

Found out someone did body work on the front cover. Either way the paint stripper ate right though the paint on it also

basically a look at the dirty condition of the tractor

stripping the radiator and whatnot off

split the tractor again, made it easier to clean

Thats all Ive got for now. Should have the top end gasket kit here next week and the head is already done and sitting on the shelf. So hopefully I will have the engine done next week and maybe the front half ready for primmer.

I will update this as I go and keep taking pictures.

Latest posts

Members online