Performance Questions

majones3586

Reaction score
ok i got a few questions i know most is up to your own likings i guess but had to ask for knowledge

im looking to do stage 1s and hopefully the D66 turbo sometime

so question one is HPOP
should i go for the 17* or the do the TE-T500 on a 17*

question two IC
im looking to put an IC on my truck been looking for a newer 7.3 seems it would be the best bet...or should i get one from another truck or somewhere else

also is there anything else i should look at upgrading doin these mods..i am fixing to put on my 3" DP this weekend to help flow from the turbo...

any help is greatly appreciated i wanna do this right and not screw things up on my truck...its a DD and i use it to tow just every once in a while not alot...

Tom S

Reaction score
Mods this needs to be moved

A good 17 deg pump will run stage one injectors nicely. You are going to need some extra stuff if you still have a 95 motor in the truck to avoid the drainback issue. I believe Terminator can address that issue for you with 17 deg internals in a 15 deg body. I have a 96 so that was not an issue on my truck which has a 17 deg pump and stage one injectors.

majones3586

Reaction score
yea i have seen the talk abou the drain back problem i do still have the 95 motor somebody said i might not have to worry bout that problem cause jasper might have taken care of it but im not counting on that....so i need to look into a 17* and send it in and get the TE-T500

superduty4x4

Reaction score
yea i have seen the talk abou the drain back problem i do still have the 95 motor somebody said i might not have to worry bout that problem cause jasper might have taken care of it but im not counting on that....so i need to look into a 17* and send it in and get the TE-T500
You'll want to have the drain back issue squared away or it will be a pain to start.
For the money I really don't see how you can go wrong with the T500. I wouldn't spend the money on a used 17° when for about another $100 you can have Joey turn your pump into a T500. Just be sure to tell him you have a 95 so he can set it up properly.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
If you find a good used 17* cheap just send it and the 15* pump to Gary at Stealth and he will send you back a modded 15* pump for shipping..

Get a SD IDM or mod yours..

Cass's stage 1's..

DIY IC if you can fab or just get the Banks kit.

TSchip..TW tunes would be my choice.

Let me know if I can get you prices..

majones3586

Reaction score
thanks for more info guys...so looks like im goin after the T500, stage 1s for sure, im gettin the TW tunes and gauges from him

umm whats the price on the Cass's stage 1s...i been doin research on the Rosewood budget stage 1s seems like a few have done it and havent had problems

i can fab for sure i build hot rods classics rat rods and air suspension and working on all things with motors all my life...i been lookin at other IC but afraid of gettin something not big enough for sure...dont want to harm my truck...i would fabbin it just need materials...i like doin things on my own and saving money by no mean crappy upgrades...if i cant do it i will pay for it...but when ppl ask and you say yea i built it makes you feel good about it and you know whats been done for sure

Latest posts

Members online