Favorite exterior colors with tan interior?

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm looking to get some ideas for possibly changing the color of my (all PTM arizona beige) excursion now the majority of it will need paint in the near future. I do like 2 tones when done right, and will not be doing much chrome. If you have pics of what you like, that would be even better. :thumbup: Thanks guys.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Totally off subject but I thought of you today.

Got a smokin deal on a 76 international scout 2 no rust runs and drives.

Ill be putting a blown 6.0 gasser in it and hope to be totally done with it and up to my standards cosmetically in 6 months

JrStroker

Reaction score
I've always loved the classic white/gold two tone. But now that I've gotten my truck. I've taken fair liking to the Blue/grey two tone. Also the black/gold two tone is cool.

If you prefer light colors I'd do the white/gold
Or if you prefer darker colors I'd do the blue/grey or black/gold.

I can post pictures if you want. Ha

Wayne

Reaction score
Totally off subject but I thought of you today.

Got a smokin deal on a 76 international scout 2 no rust runs and drives.

Ill be putting a blown 6.0 gasser in it and hope to be totally done with it and up to my standards cosmetically in 6 months

LOL I do love scouts. I've almost owned one several times, but just haven't yet. That sounds like a totally cool project. I hope you do a build thread here in the project forum. I think a lot of us would love to see that.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for your advisement JrStroker. I'll take it under consideration. So far, my favorite option in my mind anybody is the burnt orange KR paint scheme, with tan on the bottom. I may have the seats re-done king ranch style at some point, and really like what Brian Warning has done with his truck. Here's a pic I swiped off off your facebook page, Brian :poke:
1236270_550346908354494_1186300986_n.jpg

I know a few others of you have the same color scheme, and would lilke it if you shared some pics. Any others with schemes you really love will be helpful.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think you should take a factory color scheme like Brian's (gorgeous truck one of my favorites) and take it to the next level.

Shoot both colors in a pearl... Find a color as close as you can. It'd be cool to have a king ranch scheme with a subtle bad ass touch up close. One of those "pictures don't do it justice" vehicles.

B.Warning

Reaction score
You guys are starting to make me think that this dually isn't going to meet the standards that I set with that 6.4. LOL

I'd personally stick to a factory color that you like. I'm not a fan of custom colors, metallic, pearls, etc because of the risk you run into with hail damage, fender bender, or piss someone off and they decide to key your truck. I liked my color at times when it was clean and the sun was just right to really make the orange in the paint stand out. But most of the time it looked Burgundy and I hated it. I'm also not a fan of green at all, but that lighter color almost olive color green and tan looks pretty slick. But anymore I'm done with a 2 tone truck, it really can make building it and making sure everything matches and flows together a challenge.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online