Project Ultimate Work Truck

B.Warning

Reaction score
As many of you know I got a new truck. In doing so I also sold my F550. I hated to do it but it being a regular cab was a pain in the a$$ having kids and all. So I decided to go back to only 1 truck other than my 2 ton truck. After working out of this truck for a few months I decided that some things have got to change in my favor in order to make this thing more work friendly. The end goal is to have a fully functional work rig but to look good doing it.

The truck is a fully loaded 6.7, leather, nav, sunroof, etc. I already ptm the grill surround and bumpers but part of that is going to change. I also already installed 22.5 Alcoa wheels with 255/70/22.5 double coin RLB490 traction tires.

Exterior:

Bumper is a Road Rhino diy weld together kit that's a copy of the road armor pre runner that I had on my 6.4. It's winch ready and will receive a Mile Marker 16.5 winch along with Rigid d2 lights and Rigid 30" Light bar. I've also already put smoked cab and mirror covers on it. Levi Fenner hooked me up with a set of ptm headlights so those will be going in too. Other than that I'm going to remove the 6.7 door badge and call it quits for now.

Flat Bed:

Is going to be a IronStar Barron Series. After a lot of research I came to the conclusion that this was the heaviest built bed on the market comparing it to others. I had my mind made up that I was going to get the Bradford StepSide bed but after lots of phone calls and measuring my tires being 37" tall and the wheel well opening only being 33" that it simply wasn't going to work with the minimum height I was wanting to stay at. The IronStar bed has a 30k lb gooseneck ball, class 5 receiver hitch, smooth steel sides instead of diamond tread, 5" hinged flip down side rails, led lights, and tapered underbody tool boxes. I go and pick it up this week.

Suspension:

I went with a combination of Icon, OUO, and Bilstein. I'm staying at a 2.5" icon coils, 5" ouo traction block w/ long gusset bars and bilstein 5100 shocks. Also going to throw on my icon stabilizers since they're laying here. Also have Firestone bags with onboard compressor going on.

HP Mods:

Is simple but to the point. I've already installed a S&B intake. And also picked up a Spartan and 5" to throw on it. I've been in close touch with Morgan about doing his single turbo kit once available to keep things reliable. That's really about it unless Jared talks me into a duel fueler setup.

I'll post pics as I go and get pics off my old phone to add here. This thing has got to be done by planting season. And the suspension work and flat bed will be done this week hopefully since the buyer of the factory bed is up my a$$ to get it installed on his truck. We'll see how things turn out.

At this point in time I owe a huge thanks to Morgan @ Midwest Diesel and to Jared@ River City. I wouldn't be this far without there help and knowledge.

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
Here's the beginnings of the bumper. These brackets showed up first so I started welding them up.
6u5yqezy.jpg

pudyjy8u.jpg

IronStar Barron bed

medudujy.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

B.Warning

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I'm also planning on running 1 or 2 12v DC air compressors with a tank. What brand compressor setup and cfm rating you recommend in order to be able to run a 1/2 impact of sorts?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Brian, is this stuff going on the truck you never wash? Lol.

Excited for ya man! Should be one hell of rig once you get it done

B.Warning

Reaction score
You welded the brackets crooked.

Sent from my I fone 5
Naa man your head is just crooked from living in Illinois so long.
Brian, is this stuff going on the truck you never wash? Lol.

Excited for ya man! Should be one hell of rig once you get it done
Thanks man, and yes it's that truck. I may wash it before I yank the bed off but I can't promise anything.
All of his trucks only get washed twice a year lol

Sent from my I fone 5

I've noticed lol

Y'all can come wash the sh!t if you'd like. I'll provide the water and beer. LOL

B.Warning

Reaction score
Brian, we may be able to do a dual fueler to compliment a turbo setup.... Maybe ported intake manifolds and rails too... Haha, reliable 700hp!
I'll order the parts today if you agree to put the lower end back together free of charge.

Deal??
Are you painting the bed to match hillbilly?

The bed is already black... What more you want from me?

JD3020

Reaction score
Sounds like its going to be an awesome work truck!

Thanks guys.

I'm also planning on running 1 or 2 12v DC air compressors with a tank. What brand compressor setup and cfm rating you recommend in order to be able to run a 1/2 impact of sorts?

I'm interested in this as well. Depending on how much room i have to work with, and obviously cost is a factor as well, i'd like to mount a tank and compressor somewhere on my truck. Nothing like having a tire go flat on a piece of equipment and no compressor near by, so you have to drive back to the shop to get an air tank just so you can the machine back to the trailer. :fustrate:

B.Warning

Reaction score
You pay to paint your old bed boring black, I'll pay to paint your new one "sparkly black"

There ya go...

OK so you send me A extra grand to have this flatbed painted and I'll paint the dually bed in John Deere blitz black spray paint. Is that boring enough?
Sounds like its going to be an awesome work truck!

I'm interested in this as well. Depending on how much room i have to work with, and obviously cost is a factor as well, i'd like to mount a tank and compressor somewhere on my truck. Nothing like having a tire go flat on a piece of equipment and no compressor near by, so you have to drive back to the shop to get an air tank just so you can the machine back to the trailer. :fustrate:

Thanks man. Maybe I'll start a post about 12v compressors that way we both have the info we need.
Seems like a solid build!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online