HPOP Rez draining

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Not much going on, probably look dumb but oh well. When I start my truck after sitting overnight, itll run for about a second or two then die. Crank till oil refills and starts. After it starts, smokes bad. Gray smoke. My oil pressure is not what it should be. Getting the pressure at the Rez. 10 or less. I need to check my gasket for the hpop. Might be loosing it there but could oil be getting into a cylinder and causing the smoke? Once it’s warm, it’s fine. Also need to plug the hpo lines to check drain on the rails. Looking for suggestions.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Mine had some failing glow plugs that would make for long cranks after sitting for long periods. In the am... after work etc. Never really threw codes till after i did the oil cooler. My truck is at like 347k so i do get a bit of blue smoke at start and loose a bit between oil changes. Probably not the same issue but giving my recent experience

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Now I’m not getting much psi on the hpo. Starts and stops. Maybe an o ring finally let loose and that is what was draining it

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Now I’m not getting above 500 psi with just the lines coming from the pump. Coming from both heads is less. Might have to take my top pump off to isolate the bottom one. Have the Honey Badger Jr pumps had a problem with longevity?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Might have a chunk of meth lodged in it

I thinks that's why mine exploded
Lmmfao!!!! I just spit laughing so hard
I’m sure Dyno proven will help me out
Lol. Nope...

There have been various failures with them but i dont know how well they last. I think the pre sale early batch jr. pumps where doing well with little to no failures. But then they got sloppy with production.

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I plan on going and getting a used SD HPOP tomorrow. Anybody need anything off the parts truck?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Get up there at 10, and says they’re open till 12 and they’re closed. :biggun:

Guess I should have called earlier. Salvage yard.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
That truck had a stack on it could have possibly had something like an adrenaline pump on it but no sale

Latest posts

Members online