Vibration

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Well I found out that my locking hubs are bad. They won't unlock so I swapped them out with another set and the these unlocked and now the axles shafts don't turn. Well didn't turn for to long. As soon as I hit a small bump the front end would vibrate and sound bad and this was at 35mph.

Couldn't go any faster because the vibration would get worse and last longer. I had to lock them back in and everything was fine. I have new bearing and ordering all new seals hope this will fix the problem , oh and fix the lockers. Could there be anything else I may need to check?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well I found out that my locking hubs are bad. They won't unlock so I swapped them out with another set and the these unlocked and now the axles shafts don't turn. Well didn't turn for to long. As soon as I hit a small bump the front end would vibrate and sound bad and this was at 35mph.

Couldn't go any faster because the vibration would get worse and last longer. I had to lock them back in and everything was fine. I have new bearing and ordering all new seals hope this will fix the problem , oh and fix the lockers. Could there be anything else I may need to check?
Put it in 2wd so the front axles stop turning.

live life full throttle

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Put it in 2wd so the front axles stop turning.

live life full throttle

Its in 2wd. Having the hubs locked makes the axles turn. Test drove it with them unlocked and it was bad couldn't drive more than 20mph. So I locked them back and now it does it with them locked and makes a grinding sound.
Truck is now broke in driveway

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Its in 2wd. Having the hubs locked makes the axles turn. Test drove it with them unlocked and it was bad couldn't drive more than 20mph. So I locked them back and now it does it with them locked and makes a grinding sound.

Truck is now broke in driveway
Sounds like bearings are shot.

live life full throttle

Zeb

Reaction score
Pull the locking hubs out, jack it up, and spin the tires. You’ll know very quickly if it’s the hubs or the wheel bearings. If it spins quietly with the hubs out, it’s the wheel bearings.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thanks guys I have new bearings for both sides plus new outer axle shafts with new seals and u joints as well. Just getting some other things together and hope to be trying to change things out. I'm no mechanic but gonna wing it and see if I can get it done.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks guys I have new bearings for both sides plus new outer axle shafts with new seals and u joints as well. Just getting some other things together and hope to be trying to change things out. I'm no mechanic but gonna wing it and see if I can get it done.
Only one way to learn!

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score
Remember to look at everything twice and never put you fingers anywhere you wouldn't put your dick. Jackstands not just jacks.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I have a 3 ton floor jack and some 6 ton jack stands. I'm just gonna have one side up at a time. Not sure how long it will take I will do a little at a time. Hopefully not more than a couple days per side. I will keep you guys posted on my progress which will be slow

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Still have to pull the axle

Attachments

• 20190923_133736.jpg
    20190923_133736.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 50

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Looks dry but not bad. How is the u joint.

Not sure haven't pulled the axle yet. Hopefully my problem is the bearing. With the hubs unlocked you couldn't drive past 30-35 without alot of vibration somewhere in the front end. Nothing feels loose and the tire would turn easy.
I have parts for both sides. New bearings stubby axle shafts and seals. New brakes rotors and pads so after I am done if it still does it not sure where to look.
Tomorrow I will pull the axle. This is new to me I have never changed a u joint either so watching videos on that tonight.

Latest posts

Members online