Fan question

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
So next week I'm going to be installing my coolant heater and fixing a leak on my water pump, and I've always been intrigued and wanted the ec450 fan clutch that was for the t444e.. I've found one and a great price, so I'm gonna get it, but my questions are:

I've searched for hours, has anyone done this on a super duty truck? Mine is an 01..

From my understanding, the SD 7.3 has a different bolt pattern, and the 6.0 and obs share the same pattern, as well as the ec450.. would the 6.0 fan work on the 7.3 with the ec450 clutch?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I use a 6.0 fan on my 96 and like it but don’t know about the clutch

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
Thanks for the response magnum, I may just have to be the guinea pig here so to speak, as I can't find anything definitive on the super duty trucks.. I've also gathered since posting that the horton hub pushes the fan closer to the radiator to where it wont work with the OBS trucks, but I've also read that the super duty radiator is a little farther away? Honestly, hell if I know, just figured I'd see if someone has done it..

If it makes a difference, I have the international water pump.. I have to fix a shops bull**** because I didn't want to change the water pump in the downpour rain, and they gave me a good price lol.. I had the correct bolts, but instead they just gooped rtv until it sealed without putting in the couple of bolts I provided with them :doh: so lesson learned, want it done right, I'll do it..

Rant over lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.