New to 6.7 with questions.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently bought a 2011 f350 xlt 4x4. I opted for the extended warranty through ford. Not sure if that was a good idea or not but being an early build it’s a good piece of mind. Truck has 31000 miles on it. Previous owner just hauled their camper. Older couple had it. Has a goose neck hide away hitch and I plan to haul with the truck. Firewood and my 7.3 to the drag strips and truck pulls. These trucks pull wayyyyyyy better than a chipped 7.3. Unbelievable difference.

Someone fill me in on the 6.7 I’ve always had 7.3’s and the 6.7 is a different animal. What is important to keep an eye on, what mods should be done (besides tune and delet because of warranty even though it’s killing me not to del ete this thing).

Fuel filters, how many miles does everyone go on them and how often should the water seperator be drained?

Oil is nice from the old 7.3’s via computer keeps track of that but I plan to run motorcraft oil till warranty is out then Id like to switch to rotella. Personal preference.

Transmission, how many miles should the fluid and filters be replaced on these?

And finally. I would like to level the truck. Anyone know of the best kit to level these? Seen some on eBay for 70$. Just a spacer block on top of the coil. Recently lifted my friends 11 with a 2.5 block in the front and I’m unsure of what we put for the rear lift of block size.

Thanks!

Attachments

• C0630745-BEB7-4866-905A-8AD77E5AE875.jpg
    C0630745-BEB7-4866-905A-8AD77E5AE875.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 100

sootie

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently bought a 2011 f350 xlt 4x4. I opted for the extended warranty through ford. Not sure if that was a good idea or not but being an early build it’s a good piece of mind. Truck has 31000 miles on it. Previous owner just hauled their camper. Older couple had it. Has a goose neck hide away hitch and I plan to haul with the truck. Firewood and my 7.3 to the drag strips and truck pulls. These trucks pull wayyyyyyy better than a chipped 7.3. Unbelievable difference.

Someone fill me in on the 6.7 I’ve always had 7.3’s and the 6.7 is a different animal. What is important to keep an eye on, what mods should be done (besides tune and delet because of warranty even though it’s killing me not to del ete this thing).

Fuel filters, how many miles does everyone go on them and how often should the water seperator be drained?

Oil is nice from the old 7.3’s via computer keeps track of that but I plan to run motorcraft oil till warranty is out then Id like to switch to rotella. Personal preference.

Transmission, how many miles should the fluid and filters be replaced on these?

And finally. I would like to level the truck. Anyone know of the best kit to level these? Seen some on eBay for 70$. Just a spacer block on top of the coil. Recently lifted my friends 11 with a 2.5 block in the front and I’m unsure of what we put for the rear lift of block size.

Thanks!
Nice!! Go with either a quality coil from Carli or if you are budget minded, go with the OUO coil levelers. That way you can get the rake exactly how you like it as well as be perfectly level side to side.

If you plan to tune the truck, Dona 2017 turbo upgrade and 15+ hpfp.

Other than that, make sure what you put in the tank is good quality and you shouldn't have many issues.

JHTX

Reaction score
Drain water separator once a month the HPFP like to grenade if you get water in your fuel which then take out everything downstream. I change fuel filters every other oil change at 10K.
Oil is a personal question just stick to fords approved list and all should be good. Some Rotella are on there but not all so do your research.
Trans I did mine at 60K with filter. Some do sooner some do later just depends on person.
I leveled mine with coils from PMF, which I believe are Icon. As was posted previously stick to good parts such as OUO, Carli, PMF, etc all should be good.
Other than that drive and enjoy.

Last edited:

tom.boswell.79

Reaction score
Drain water separator once a month the HPFP like to grenade if you get water in your fuel which then take out everything downstream. I change fuel filters every other oil change at 10K.
Oil is a personal question just stick to fords approved list and all should be good. Some Rotella are on there but not all so do your research.
Trans I did mine at 60K with filter. Some do sooner some do later just depends on person.
I leveled mine with coils from PMF, which I believe are Icon. As was posted previously stick to good parts such as OUO, Carli, PMF, etc all should be good.
Other than that drive and enjoy.

Do you ever get any water out of the separator? The only time I ever had an indication of water in the fuel I drained some and had no water at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JHTX

Reaction score
Do you ever get any water out of the separator? The only time I ever had an indication of water in the fuel I drained some and had no water at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing as I generally buy it at large stations that turn over frequently. I had some that looked suspicious, slight haze, as I was traveling in some remote areas, but never had any trouble. Just figured my mind was wanting to see things.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys, what would it take to get a 6.7 to 600 or so rwhp? I know it’s a heck of a lot easier than the 7.3’s. I do plan to pull with this truck eventually. I would like to build it for a work stock class. Are they as simple as hpfp, lift pump, and a 2017 turbo And tuning? Any other supporting mods needed?

When I get to ******ting this thing, I really want to clean the engine bay up. I hate even popping the hood on this thing. Already have my eye on mpd pipping.

I will crack the fuel water seperator shortly and maybe I will just keep this truck on motorcraft oil.

I’ll do some research for leveling kits you all suggested.

I do enjoy driving this truck :fordoval:

08Monster

Reaction score
15+ turbo, and 15+hpfp will get you very close to 600. Pair those with a piping kit and you would be very close, if not there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! Glad you found one that sounds like a real gem. As stated, these trucks are stout and can make decent power with just a drop in turbo, '15 pump and good tuning. Just maintain it and you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Members online