Ac evaporator coil

Reaction score
Exactly why I try to do all mine also. The last place I went for a slow coolant leak swore I had a blown head gasket. Turned out to be an o ring on a coolant hose. Place before that reinstalled my belt wrong and it shredded and melted crap to the pully' s. I had to scrape them then I reinstall a new belt they bought me. 4 yrs ago another dealership fixed my upper oil pan leak and yep It's a leaking again ever since early last year.
Do you think the TXV could have been the issue the whole timeand is it possible for them to try and charge me to do more work? Like what if they say it is the evaporator core or txv, are they responsible for getting it working now?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
You paid for the ac to be fixed and it is not the dealer should fix it. you may have to pay for labor and parts that they didn't replace before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Rossterman

Reaction score
Buy motorcraft or denso stuff only. The other Chinese off-brand stuff is not worth the risk considering how much work it is to replace parts. For a 6.0, all motorcraft parts are $550 from rockauto (compressor, condenser, drier/reciever, and orifice tube). Your price should be similar. They carry a 2 year warranty but you will need to replace the hoses as well for,the warranty to be valid. Rarely do folks replace the evaporator as the orifice tube screen usually prevents debris from getting past and into the evaporator. If the screen is damaged however, you may need to flush or replace it as well. Finally, ford has a great closed circulation flushing machine that should be used as part of your labor quote.

Reaction score
They are wanting me to drop the truck off tomorrow and they say the HVAC module needs to be programmed or updated so they need my tuner. I really doubt that has anything to do with why the ac compressor is still doing what it was before I took it there. I'm going to check it tonight and see if I can find a leak with a uv light and I'm going to put small marks on the new parts to see if they change them. I've requested a loaner and that's the only way I can just leave it with them. This is my work truck and I have to have some sort of transportation.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I doubt that is the issue as well.

Reaction score
I got it back Friday and it works so far. They said all they did was flush the system again, reprogram the HVAC module, and replaced the temp sensor on the evaporator coil. They didn't have to pull the dash to do the sensor since I had cut a small hole behind d the glove compartment to check to see if it was clogged or leaking freon. They should have designed it so the evap coil could be pulled out by just removing the glove compartment and airbag module. I did mark everything g before letting them at it again and I noticed the bolts holding the condenser were turned so those lines must have been touched but nothing else looked to have been messed with. They actually wrote on the paperwork that I said the compressor was cutting on and off but they could not duplicate the problem. When I asked about this he just said what they did then said it's fixed. They didn't charge me anything and gave me a loaner for the 3 days they worked on it so that was good.
I did get a quote for replacing the rear seal and they quoted under $1,400 but I didn't notice an upper oil pan gasket on the quote. They had the rear seal, flexplate bolts, and a couple other items but no upper oil pan gasket. Wouldn't that need to be replaced also if they replace the rear seal?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Well I am glad that it is working correctly. Was the expansion valve changed? I think it had a leak. Rolled and pinched o ring or something.

Reaction score
So I had my a.c. supposedly fixed by my dealer and I've noticed over the past month it's not blowing as cold of air as it was and my wife totally confirmed it this past weekend asking why my new a.c. sucked. So I took it back to the dealer and told them what's going on and they said that I may have to pay for the repair if it's not what they fixed last time which they replaced the a.c. compressor and coil but did not replace the thermostatic expansion valve or the condenser. Also a few days after getting it back the first time it stopped blowing cold air and when I took it back they said they flushed it and replaced the temp sensor at no charge. That was all in June a few months ago. Anyone have any advice for why it's not working correctly? I'm of the mind that I paid them to fix it and if they misdiagnosed it they should pay whatever to fix it. I mean they do charge 125 hr for a diagnostic fee and it's doing exactly what it did before I took it in.

79jasper

Reaction score
Can't really say much from this end without knowing pressures, etc.
Take it back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BigRed97

Reaction score
Well the evaporators come with a new THX valve on them, so they did replace that if they did the evaporator

Are you sure you're not confusing the evaporator(behind the dash) with the condenser(behind the grill)

Reaction score
Sorry my mistake, they did replace the condenser not the evaporator. I took it back last Wednesday and still have not heard from them I called and left a message on Friday and havent heard back so I guess I will call again today. I did notice when I called to make an appointment to bring it back they said it was serviced by the quick lube department so they were the ones I had to talk to. But when I paid I know I paid $140 an hour for labor since they said it was a Diesel.

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone and now they say the evaporator core is bad and it will cost an addional $1,900 to repair it after I already paid them $2,000. To me this is just unacceptable. It seems like they are just throwing another part at it to try and fix it. Is it possible not replacing the thermostatic expansion valve last time when the compressor was replaced due to contamination caused this issue because I told them the book said the TXV should be replaced and they just did t do it? I've talked with the supervisor and he said he'd loom into it and call me back. When I took it there the first time I told the service tech how it seems like no one knows what they are doing and I really don't like anyone working on my truck so want to make sure it's done right. Does anyone have any advise? Do I have any right insisting they fix it at no charge? I'm not trying to be a jerk I just somehow knew this was going to happen.

Reaction score
I finally got the truck back last night and the a.c. is blowing much colder. However on my way home when I stopped at a red light a bolt fell onto the floor from somewhere. When I got home I looked up under the drivers side dash to see if I could find where it went and didn't see anywhere but did notice a broken wire harness block right under the steering wheel as well as some type of wire that was supposed to be snapped into the firewall but it wasn't, not a big deal. Also all my aftermarket wires were just clumped together with a big ziptie and my train horn no longer works. My stereo's amp wires also seem to be backwards. After searching I found the bolt had came off the side of the console near the seat which I can deal with. I would just think they would make sure the truck was put back together right. They did detail it which was cool but they did have 2 and half weeks.
On a side note it seems like my blower isn't blowing as hard as it should. Not that they did anything because I noticed it before and bought a new oem Ford blower motor and installed it earlier this year and it's about the same. Does anyone know if there's an aftermarket blower that is better? All the actuator doors seem to be working fine. I wished I'd of kept the old blower and tried to install a better motor just to see if it would work.

Latest posts

Members online