Wiring harness schematic for kill switch

JCart

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,

Seems here in Western Canada, our trucks are ever popular and I’m fretting as every week 1 or more SDs or OBS trucks are stollen. Last one was 4 blocks from my house.

The notion is to make some sort of kill switch. I do have a Hydra setting that truck starts and peddle is dead, so it’ll only idle, also have a hidden switch that shuts e-fuel off. BTW truck still runs with E-fuel pump off, suspect injectors aren’t happy running with pump off...

So any leads to online harness schematic would be much appreciated, obviously a bunch of ways a guy can go about it and am open to detailed suggestions.

Thanks guys,
jrc

EPA

Reaction score
Install an air bag in the head rest... When they crank the starter bang it blows up... Keep them rats from coming back. Haha...
I thought hydra has a no start option??

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Install an air bag in the head rest... When they crank the starter bang it blows up... Keep them rats from coming back. Haha...
I thought hydra has a no start option??

Yes it does or idle only, pending PCM and program files you choose. My auto PCM had no start, when I swapped in ZF, there was an idle only option. Plus thieves here know to change hydra files on the switch.

JCart

Reaction score
Have a switch for the IPR maybe
Probably could alright, just would be helpful to see harness (wire) colours. Also was thinking of a switch to de-energize the PCM inside the cab. My understanding is as soon as you put key in powers up the PCM, (just in case I forget a spare key inside truck). Also obviously when you rotate the ignition switch powers up a bunch of stuff, case they smash the ignition lockset.

The notion would be to intercept by a hidden switch(es), that would limit power from ignition switch area until hidden switch(es) are activated.... hope that makes sense. So you can see it would be most helpful to have harness schematics.
Thanks for suggestions.
j

Bugman

Reaction score
I'd just put a on/off switch controlling the starter solenoid on the fender.

Most crooks are not going to pop the hood to try and trouble shoot a no start.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.