Aftermarket headlights for 2008 f250

rebelpride1860

Reaction score
I was looking into getting a set of halo headlights for my 08 f250 but don't have the money to buy GoRecons headlights. I don't know if there are any other good brands I should look at that are cheaper and are still good.

6fodays

Reaction score
I was looking into getting a set of halo headlights for my 08 f250 but don't have the money to buy GoRecons headlights. I don't know if there are any other good brands I should look at that are cheaper and are still good.

Ive always just bought a generic brand off of ebay and had no problems. But what color is your truck? It may look better And cleaner with some color matching on the inside of the lights instead of black with halos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rebelpride1860

Reaction score
My truck is black with a little chrome. I was thinking I could just get mine smoked but idk where I could get it done. I have heard of people sending off their stock headlights and getting leds and halos put in them. Have you heard of where to get this done?

truckman1974

Reaction score
People say Recon is garbage anyway, so to hear them tell it, you're probably better off without them anyway. I went with the Anzo U Bar headlights and had them color painted to match..... They were expensive though.

drdiesel

Reaction score
I have two 08 F350 one has anzo projection head light and they are very nice. Other is getting custom paint to match head lights. I had bought a set of recon for it it but they are way over priced and junk compared to anzo's. I'd either get custom paint to match or maybe Harley head lights, since ur truck is black. Just my 2cents

Diesel23

Reaction score
I have a set of off brand similar to recon projection lights ,they look great but really have horrible lighting , save up and get some Harley lights as said above or get a set of stockers customized

Sysx

Reaction score
d75347e598e0234bb4cc4477e85b211e.jpg
build your own you will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I'll have a set of used OEM Harley headlights for sale later this week. Shoot me a PM if your intrested

03silvertj

Reaction score
Recon products are garbage. I had their taillights, and 3rd taillight of theirs all fail in about 2 years.

pstroke08

Reaction score
recon is garbage my mirror lens short out easy, the customer support is even worse i could not get them even to answer in the tech support. i had to act like i was buying something even to have them not hang up on me i was pist. the ebay (halo)headlights my buddy bought looked ok but they were worse than stock as far as brightness. i have led bulbs and they are 4x as bright. custom headlights are the way to go imo

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Bringing this back up. Does anyone have any experience with the vip moto Z lights from ebay? John038 has an ebay link above to their retrofit lights. If the quality is decent, this looks like a great option for us since they come disassembled and ready for paint.

John038

Reaction score
I agree.. No idea about the quality but after looking at the website alot of what they sell is from Spyder Auto. The actual website doesnt show the disassembled lights. I guess I will go ahead and send them an email.

TXAG07

Reaction score
Interested in the eBay ones as well. My lenses are in horrible shape and restoring hasn't helped much. I'm not a big fan of the look of any of the current aftermarket headlights.

John038

Reaction score
I know what you mean.. The Anzo look is a little to wild for me.. I really like the way they look from the factory.

GregW

Reaction score
Bringing this back up. Does anyone have any experience with the vip moto Z lights from ebay? John038 has an ebay link above to their retrofit lights. If the quality is decent, this looks like a great option for us since they come disassembled and ready for paint.

I looked into them as well. Reviews on other vip moto Z lights (eBay, Amazon, etc) don't look too great. Some people complained about moisture and poor fitment.

John038

Reaction score
I saw that too but do you think there would be moisture issues if you put these together yourself? I have never attempted a retrofit all I have done is read about it so I am really trying to educate myself.

Latest posts

Members online