Upgraded Cam?

Gearhead

Reaction score
the shims are determined by how much you need to get back to stock installed height and how much lift the cam has. My stage 1 cam has more lift than stock, so you really can't shim the 910s any tighter than .030 less than stock installed height or you will fatigue the springs prematurely or you can get too aggressive and coil bind them and have really bad things happen. You really don't want to approach coil bind even if there is room to do so because you will prematurely fatigue the spring and it will start losing pressure in a few thousand miles.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I am kind of a newbie with this stuff. Why would I want the springs tighter? Or why would I want them looser?

79jasper

Reaction score
Tighter because valve float.
No one specific shim size will be perfect. You need the tools to measure them during installation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I decided to go with a colt stage 2 cam. Just so happened a member had one sitting on the shelf they were willing to sell. I also ordered both sizes of shims so that we can figure out which ones we want to go with when we assemble.

Reaction score
If Mr brenton doesn't mind keeping us posted on his progress either here or in another thread I'm sure it would be appreciated by more people then just myself...

Reaction score
If Mr brenton doesn't mind keeping us posted on his progress either here or in another thread I'm sure it would be appreciated by more people then just myself...

Oh I will ! A lot happening this year and hard to keep everything strait lol 7.3/6.0/6.4/6.7 There is lots going on lol

m j

Reaction score
I think you are beyond a shimmed 910.
how much seat pressure do you need to keep the valves where they need to be? I have beehives set for around 155# with pretty much the same setup as you and am worried.
you spemt a lot of money on the bottom end it would suck to smack an open valve with the piston

powerjoke73

Reaction score
As an update, I bought some competition valve springs from Irate. All parts are in so motor will be put together by the end of the month.

Members online

No members online now.