2016 and the CTS2 Insight

Reaction score
Coolant temp, oil temp, battery voltage, are the main ones I have right now. There's others but can't remember right now. I do know that the egt is not available nor map. Possibly I need to install sensors for those to work. I hope not. I had a cts on my 6.4 and didn't need to add any additional sensors and it showed all. Kinda disappointed as I read the thread and emailed edge before purchasing and they told me there was an way to make it work. I hope it's not this limited for long as I intend to ****** mine soon and definitely want to watch the egt's and others. That's why I got it in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As profuzz said, you have to buy the edge EGT sensor and put it in the block off plate and then run it to the monitor. It does not read a factory EGT sensor pre turbo, so this is the only option. I have the sensor in mine and reads fine on mine. As a matter of fact thats about the only thing that reads fine all the time. About every 10th key cycle, either my gauges dont load up at all, or they load up and half of them freeze. Its definitely got a long way to go with a lot of bugs as it seems. Has yours done any of what I mentioned?

BKopp

Reaction score
This is the first day running it and they seem to work fine. The limited ones I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKopp

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they've come up with an update yet to include additional pids? I want to monitor manifold absolute pressure, trans temp, and some others but the update they sent doesn't include those on the list. But it has g-force, barometric pressure and a few other useless ones which I was like wtf who monitors those

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction score
There unfortunately is no official release yet. I have been sending data thats being stored on my CTS2 with bugs, glitches, etc. to their tech support guys so that they can work towards the release. They are saying that being that they merged/bought Super Chips, their engineers have been tied up with a bigger project and havent been able to work on a release for the 2016 Super Dutys. You're welcome to call them though. I feel like the more people that let them know they need a full release, maybe we can finally get something from them more than just like 10 PIDs.

Sullys450

Reaction score
This is sad that there is no good gauge monitoring system right now. I guess I'll be going the old route and using a few analog gauges like I did on my 04 Ram.

jcain

Reaction score
What exactly are you worried about? Are you doing standing mile pulls? Are you dragging 40,000lbs up a 10mile 8% grade WOT on the hot tune? Unless you're heavily modded or beating the absolute **** out of the truck miles at a time, sit back and enjoy the ride.

vilim12

Reaction score
What exactly are you worried about? Are you doing standing mile pulls? Are you dragging 40,000lbs up a 10mile 8% grade WOT on the hot tune? Unless you're heavily modded or beating the absolute **** out of the truck miles at a time, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Id like to know something as simple as coolant temp while towing my gooseneck

Profuzz

Reaction score
Use the search function there's a to set show engineering info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

vilim12

Reaction score
Use the search function there's a to set show engineering info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I did, not sure why that was even mentioned. I don't care about my temps when my truck first turns on.

vilim12

Reaction score
does that stay on the entire time?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

it'll stay on until you wanna check something else, then you'd have to pull over and restart your truck to get a coolant temp reading.

NHRMK

Reaction score
Edge just finally got back to me, they officially support the 2016's... going to update tomorrow!

Latest posts

Members online