Ultimate Callout Challenge

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
The Ultimate Callout Challenge is exactly that, a callout challenge. The NWDC and Diesel World Magazine have partnered up and are calling out the best of the best. No voting, no application process, just the top 25 craziest fire breathing diesel pickups in North America. Heck we don’t even care if you bring in a trailer queen. This event is all about the power, no matter how it’s done as long as it’s done with DIESEL.

This challenge isn’t for some cute 800-1000hp truck, this challenge is for the hardcore, diesel sweating grease monkey who can crack 1300+hp or run greater than a 10sec ¼ mile without breaking a sweat.

You, good sir have apparently done something impressive enough for you to be on our radar and we feel that you’re one of the top 25 in the country. Here’s your chance to prove once and for all that you’ve built the most powerful light duty diesel truck in the country.

Here is how this is going down; we (NWDC and Diesel World Mag) have called you out! There is a $1500 buy in, and to make things even more interesting there will be NO REFUNDS if competitors back out or don’t show up! If you accept the challenge you must pay the buy in up front to hold your spot. At the end, the truck that survives and destroys everyone else will take home $10,000, 2nd place (Aka “1st place loser) will get $5,000, and 3rd place takes $2000, there is a chance for these payouts to go up, we will keep you posted!!

But wait, there’s more!! Each event you win (Dyno, Drags, Sled pull, and Drag tow), you will get additional $$$ if you place 1st or 2nd. So even if you only win one event, you’ll still have a chance to take home some cash, and some dignity.

DIESEL WORLD Magazine Coverage

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I know Michael Corsilli, Shawn Ellerton and myself are the only confirmed Fords going so far... I hope there is a few more that get to go

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the slots are sold out so i assume thats it ! good luck guys !

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
Pro...it's nice to know months in advance you are in.

Con...further away than DPC (Denver) lol

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I believe this will far surpass the DPC from here on out.....Glad to see this coming together....gona be a tough few days for sure.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I feel like I effed up really bad not taking nitrous to DPC so hopefully I can redeem myself some LOL

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Can I just say I'm thoroughly confused by the invites going out to some of the dedicated 2wd drag trucks.. While those trucks are amongst The top in nhrda why the hell would someone invite them to a competition involving sled pulling? Do they expect them to be so honored by the invitation they'll bring a set of paddle tires or convert to 4x4? I just feel like some of the invitations weren't thought out very well...

Radioflyer

Reaction score
We plan on putting a hitch on max'd out and participating in all events. See you guy's down there. :rockon:

Last edited:

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
Can I just say I'm thoroughly confused by the invites going out to some of the dedicated 2wd drag trucks.. While those trucks are amongst The top in nhrda why the hell would someone invite them to a competition involving sled pulling? Do they expect them to be so honored by the invitation they'll bring a set of paddle tires or convert to 4x4? I just feel like some of the invitations weren't thought out very well...

The trucks in picture may not be the truck. I think its going to be almost all 4x4 trucks.

Radioflyer

Reaction score

There has been buzz that some of the guy's are planning on building a truck for this event or have trucks already for it. Like Jaran said, the pic's was mainly a marketing type deal...but as I stated above, we will be running our truck in it.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Some of the guy's are planning on building a truck for this event. Like Jaran said, the pic's may or may not be what vehicle they're running.

I suppose I underestimate how hard some of these shops ball out. I get building a shop truck for DPC but for this to pop up and someone like Ryan Milliken who has a serious investment in his drag truck is just going to build a truck at the drop of a hat for this event?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an awesome event.. Call me jelly these guys can toss some serious money around.

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
I suppose I underestimate how hard some of these shops ball out. I get building a shop truck for DPC but for this to pop up and someone like Ryan Milken who has a serious investment in his drag truck is just going to build a truck at the drop of a hat for this event?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an awesome event.. Call me jelly these guys can toss some serious money around.

I might be wrong, but I think the goal of this event is to replace DPC. Since DPC is going green and others have voiced complaints about DPC in general, it is time for something else. So why not build a truck for this event if you would build one for DPC?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I suppose I underestimate how hard some of these shops ball out. I get building a shop truck for DPC but for this to pop up and someone like Ryan Milken who has a serious investment in his drag truck is just going to build a truck at the drop of a hat for this event?

It's going to be a sweet event. I know Rob is pretty excited about it. Our dyno event was apart of the NWDC circuit last year and Brandon and his crew have a pretty organized setup going and put on a good show.

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I agree this absolutely should (and likely will) replace DPC.

But think about how dpc started, it was just whoever had a badass truck got voted in, and it was a slow buildup and people got time to plan out builds and that's how dpc got big with big hp trucks.

Now you have this where some guy has to spend 100k just to compete because you know the competition will be just picking up where dpc left off with less rules. To think some people will build a purpose built truck on this short notice is awesome, but damn $$$$

Once again not complaining, just thinking out loud

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online