LE Customer Service

08Monster

Reaction score
Last year, I purchased some Full Torque winter blend from Jim, and used it all last year in my 6.7 with no issues, nothing but good things to say about it. Fast forward to this morning, I filled my 6.0 with fuel about 2 days ago and added the treatment for this first time this year, and wouldn't you know it, I gelled up this morning and had to have it towed. I don't blame the product because it obviously works, I blame the station I got the fuel from. I called Jim up to see if anyone else has had issues, and he beyond took care of me. The guy and the company offered to send me a case of the product for FREE just to say sorry and earn my business back. Talk about A++ customer service! I will be a LE customer for life. No one else would stand behind a product like this, customer service is second to none. Thanks again Jim!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Wow sweet deal!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I didn't want anything for free but he insisted. Worst part was definitely sitting in the cold truck, at -20 wind chill with the pregnant girlfriend along.... Didn't go over so well.

kyle.johns.9003

Reaction score
I meant Jim being g such a great guy to send that to you.. sounds like you have the same weather I have here in Calgary... It came out of nowhere...

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yeah Jim is the sh*t. I've met him twice. Dude is hilarious but also is a full believer in standing behind his product. Awesome guy to deal with and I would never go anywhere else for my fuel treatment or oil needs and this story here just goes to show why!

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I can only agree with all above... I hope to meet him one day, seems like one cool ass guy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I meant Jim being g such a great guy to send that to you.. sounds like you have the same weather I have here in Calgary... It came out of nowhere...

Yeah last week it dumped 24 inches of snow in 2 days, we had some wind but overall fair weather for 3 days, and another blizzard. 50mph wind, 10 more inches, most of the state was closed down but to zero visibility and plows couldn't run so roads were drifted in. And now we hit the deep freeze. The next 10 days it's not even going to get above 0 degrees, during the day. Lows at night are as low as -21, not with wind chill. Talk about cold!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Wow. ***k that! Thats extreme weather. Ill shut up about being cold in our 16° and 30 mph winds. You guys are definitely worse off.

Zmann

Reaction score
So since you posted all the facts
I am curious??
why did the fuel Gel if you were using their fuel additive with AntiGel ?

was it so cold it was outside their antigel limit or was the ratio off ?

you blame the station ? not winter blend ? or ??

i couldn't find much on the product doing a quick search of the LE site

maxxedout

Reaction score
I haven't had any gelling issues since switching to LE; however, it rarely gets as cold in Chicago as what the OP is dealing with. Before LE, I had tried Power Service and Howes, and I gelled with both of them. (At different times, I wasn't using both additives at once.) Honestly, I think the fuel quality at the station makes a bigger difference than which additive you use. I think LE is a great product, and Jim's service is second to none. That being said, I don't know if it can overcome a bad batch of fuel or fuel with too much biodiesel. Between the LE additive and avoiding certain gas stations, I was fine all of last year. This winter is supposed to be worse, so we'll see what happens.

Zmann

Reaction score
Thanks
I have only used Power Service at 20* so nothing crazy

I don't see a lot on the Gel characteristics but power service has a much higher ratio recommendation for bio and below 0

i imagine Full Torque must also

Cold Weather Performance (2411)

Provides easier cold startups

Prevents fuel gelling by controlling wax formation

Lowers pour point and cold filter plugging point

Decreases cold flow temp

Inhibits ice formation
Available Versions

Full Torque™ W Diesel Fuel Improver (2411)
is recommended for use when temperatures
are at or below 35°F (1.7°C).

08Monster

Reaction score
I am curious??

I blame the fuel I got more so than the additive. I know it's a great additive, this was more about showing how great Jim's service is than knocking the product. I have 10 more COLD days ahead at least so we will see how it performs now. The ratio was correct, 8oz per 25 gallons.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am curious??

I have been using LE ft winter for over a year now.. been getting a ton of it for work. always had a gelling problem at some point every year in our machinery till I switched everything over to ft.. it is bad ass.. the 6.7 absolutely loves it..
I blame the fuel I got more so than the additive. I know it's a great additive, this was more about showing how great Jim's service is than knocking the product. I have 10 more COLD days ahead at least so we will see how it performs now. The ratio was correct, 8oz per 25 gallons.

I'm willing to bet that you got some watery fuel.. no additive can help that.. I realy doubt it gelled up.. I bet it froze!! we have some really chity fuel here in ny. some of the worst I have been around.. the ft winter cleans it right up..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

JRLott

Reaction score
Only time I've ever had any gel was in WY with Howes at 2-3 times normal ratio. Several oil burners were running just fine. Asked a guy I knew and he asked where I got fuel. Told him (busiest station in town) he said that's your problem, get it across the street at Phillips 66. Granted it was 40 below, and never got that cold again while I was there...thank goodness. Took three days for the truck to run again.

08Monster

Reaction score
89bb9caaeae930892e444151d2dc54f7.jpg

So far so good today.

TyCorr

Reaction score
***k, that is cold. I saw -1 Thursday and went screw this garbage.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.